Help

The VENT

I知 really tired of everything coming down to money

>

checkerjane

I知 really tired of everything coming down to money
Old 11-17-2019, 06:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I知 going to try and make this the last 杜y job sucks thread for a while. I promise.

It痴 like in school districts, period, it痴 all about the dollar. It seems to be even worse in the sped world. I知 so sick of hearing things like 努e get more money for OHI category and then getting a crap ton of ADHD referrals to be placed under OHI.

The sped department sees NONE of the funding that the district receives for IEP kids. We get no resources, no curriculum, nothing. Some of the crap going on at my school has got to be unethical and probably borderline illegal.

checkerjane is online now   Reply With Quote

NewCAteacher

Yes
Old 11-17-2019, 06:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

There was a school district in California that went on strike recently because of this (Well it was part of the reason). During fact finding it was determined that the district was misappropriating funds from SPED.
NewCAteacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Haley23

Old 11-17-2019, 08:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Is that a federal thing or at the state level? I'd never heard OHI gets more money. Interesting, because my district is always trying to get us to put kids with ADHD under SLD. I don't like it because IMO it undermines the severity to parents who refuse to try meds, which in many cases can allow the child to do a complete 180. The SLD label allows the parent to say, "See? Johnny's behind because he has a learning disability. He doesn't need medication."

I rarely hear money discussed. Sometimes they'll send something out saying that if we have initials coming up we should try to do them by the December 1 count. No one at the district level has even said anything about that this year. I have a rather complicated one I'm working on right now and the psych asked if it would be possible to finish before Dec. 1. I told her no and that was that.
Haley23 is offline   Reply With Quote