Help

National Board Certification

Component 4

>

MHart

Component 4
Old 12-10-2019, 05:55 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Anyone have a good template of a communication log they successfully used for component 4?

MHart is offline   Reply With Quote

WhyHello

Old 12-10-2019, 06:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

there is no one size fits all template when it comes to information-gathering for C4, unfortunately.

think about it, if you're trying to gather information from parents (for example) about your specific class, then the layout of your communication log will be wholly dependent on what you're trying to find out about that specific class.

trying to gather information about the same specific class from their previous teachers would make the layout of that communication different again. you won't necessarily ask professional teachers the same questions to gather information about your students that you would ask parents, right?

i'd say the same applies to communication you're trying to log regarding your SN and PLN.

hope that helps.

Last edited by WhyHello; 12-11-2019 at 09:05 AM..
WhyHello is online now   Reply With Quote

dreamerg15

Old 12-12-2019, 08:44 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I just created an Google Sheets spreadsheet and as I contacted students listed their name down the list, and each communication out to the right. I would write in each box how and when I contacted them, and what the contact was regarding and parent response.
dreamerg15 is offline   Reply With Quote

thewalkingjen

Old 12-12-2019, 12:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I did something similar, and just showcased a few students in order to fit more evidence on the page.
thewalkingjen is offline   Reply With Quote

WhyHello

Old 12-12-2019, 01:34 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

For parent feedback, I asked questions through an online survey.

I created an excel chart that quantified parents' feedback to my questions. The hardest part was formulating the questions, themselves. I found a way to keep the questions simple to answer, but still resulting in data that was useful for me to use.

I used feedback from my students' former teachers to generate my questions for parents.

Mine was just one way to do it. There are lots of other effective ways. Again, it depends on your specific teaching context.

WhyHello is online now   Reply With Quote