Help

Creative Outlet

Bookmarks

>

KeyKid

Bookmarks
Old 12-20-2019, 12:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Last year as Christmas approached, I mentioned that we were told to have Christmas cards to share with each other at church and making a card for every person was a lot and I decided to make some and if someone gave me one, I'd have one to give in return. This year, the idea was spelled out as anointing one another with gifts. I also had more advanced notice and more time. I decided to make scripture bookmarks. A friend wisely advised to make them all the same stamp/scripture so that if I decided to do this again, I could change the stamp/scripture. We exchanged gifts this last Sunday.

Well. I think a simple mass produced card would have been simpler and less time consuming. I cut Canson XL Watercolor Paper into 5 1/2" x 2 1/8" strips. I did watercoloring of 2-3 colors per bookmark with Kuretaki Gansi Tambi Watercolor set. I splattered with the 5th gold from Kuretaki Gansi Tambi Starry Colors. I ironed the bookmarks and pressed them so they would be flat(ter). I stamped (see next post) the verse using my MISTI so that I could double-stamp when/where there wasn't a good image. I used the 1/2" corner rounder edge of my Corner Chomper on all corners. I measured and marked a dot at the top of each bookmark so that I could punch a 1/8" hole with my Crop-a-dile. I used the same tool to crimp eyelets onto the bookmarks. I matched DMC embroidery floss colors to the bookmarks and cut 20" strands. I ironed the floss to remove the creases made from storing on cardboard bobbins, separated into 6 threads, returned to a bundle, cut the length in half, doubled it, fed it through the eyelet to tie onto the bookmarks.

I made 20 more than what are in the photo and need to make 4 more to get the few people I missed last week.

Attachment

Sign in to view attachment. Not a member? Sign Up FREE
KeyKid is offline   Reply With Quote

KeyKid

Old 12-20-2019, 12:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

The stamp is from Divinity Designs (aka Our Daily Bread Designs) Numbers 6.
Attachment

Sign in to view attachment. Not a member? Sign Up FREE
KeyKid is offline   Reply With Quote

Dreamer625

Old 12-20-2019, 07:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Those are lovely.
Dreamer625 is offline   Reply With Quote

LazyLake

Old 01-16-2020, 06:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

So nice! I know a lot of time and patience went into making each one of these !
LazyLake is offline   Reply With Quote