Help

National Board Certification

Comp 3 Instructional Materials

>

RastaEmpress

Comp 3 Instructional Materials
Old 12-27-2019, 08:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

For the instructional materials that should be included for each video-(no more than 3 pages total)
Should this be a blank copy of the classwork or should it be a student copy that I gave feedback on? It was a lab.
Would lesson plans work as instructional materials?
The CW is 2 pages and the LP is 1 page long. If I submit both it made 3 pages. I also have a 1 page homework that goes along with the lab.
Thanks for everyone.

Last edited by RastaEmpress; 12-27-2019 at 08:33 PM.. Reason: Needed to add more information
RastaEmpress is offline   Reply With Quote

WhyHello

Old 12-27-2019, 09:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Instructional materials have to be things you give directly to your students. Do you give them a copy of your lesson plan as a part of your instruction? I'm guessing you don't, so that probably won't work.

If your feedback is important to the lesson and unit objectives, then it's entirely appropriate for you to submit completed student work with your feedback as evidence.

You want to pick evidence that supports what you say in your written commentary. Will a copy of their homework do that? You need to always ask yourself if the evidence you're submitting supports what you say in your written commentary regarding impact on student learning.
WhyHello is offline   Reply With Quote

Zia

Old 12-27-2019, 09:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Quote:
Should this be a blank copy of the classwork or should it be a student copy that I gave feedback on?
You can submit either. But ask yourself, which one provides more evidence? and submit that. Hint: it's not the blank one!
Zia is offline   Reply With Quote
dreamerg15
Old 12-30-2019, 05:19 AM
This message has been deleted by dreamerg15.

dreamerg15

Re: Lesson Plans
Old 12-30-2019, 05:22 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

This may be dependent upon your certification area, I turned in lesson plans as part of my instructional material and I certified and did really well on this component. (I am AYA SS)

My instructions did not specify it had to be something that I only gave the students. Mine said "You or your students may have used these..." I looked at it as a chance to show further evidence of my knowledge of students and the content, So be sure to read your instructions for that section closely!
dreamerg15 is offline   Reply With Quote

Zia

Old 12-30-2019, 07:55 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Good point, dreamer! A NBs scorer I know said one of the best entries she ever scored had a very comprehensive LP.

Zia is offline   Reply With Quote