Help

National Board Certification

My district!

>

Zia

My district!
Old 01-02-2020, 08:15 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

NBPTS recognized my district (Albuquerque Public Schools). I'm stupidly excited about this!

The National Board for Professional Teaching Standards announced today that 11 school districts have been named National Board Accomplished Districts for their investment of resources to support advancing quality teaching through National Board Certification. These districts join 81 accomplished districts designated earlier this year in their efforts to encourage teachers to be their best and effectively drive student learning.

“Each of these districts have taken extraordinary steps to impact student learning through National Board certification. Their commitment – through financial resources and dedication to creative programming is having an impact on teachers and students and I’m proud to recognize that work,” said Peggy Brookins, a National Board Certified Teacher (NBCT) and the president and CEO of the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards. “When teachers achieve high standards, they impact their students and communities across the country,” added Brookins.
The 11 new accomplished districts will be recognized with an award for each district office and unique celebrations for local NBCTs.

Albuquerque (NM) Public Schools has been a partner in advancing accomplished teaching for many years. Recently, the district established three intensive support schools, where local NBCTs work with staff to help them learn the accomplished teaching body of knowledge required for National Board Certification, and otherwise assist teachers pursuing National Board Certification.

LINK

Zia is offline   Reply With Quote

MsLady

Old 01-02-2020, 08:48 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Awesome! I'll be looking at this list if I ever plan on switching states or districts! Love hearing good gossip about school districts.
MsLady is offline   Reply With Quote

Athena17

Old 01-02-2020, 09:36 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Congratulations!
Athena17 is offline   Reply With Quote

teressawac

Old 01-02-2020, 12:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

That is awesome.
teressawac is offline   Reply With Quote

LoveMoo11

Congrats!
Old 01-02-2020, 03:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Great work! Kudos to you and all of the other hardworking teachers in your district! We are an independent school, but if I certify, I will be the first NBCT in the history of the school....and the only one in the district that we contract with for services as well...no pressure or anything

LoveMoo11 is offline   Reply With Quote

clucerorobles

Old 01-02-2020, 04:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Wonderful!
clucerorobles is offline   Reply With Quote

Beauty12

Old 01-02-2020, 06:22 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Congratulations!
Beauty12 is offline   Reply With Quote