National Board Certification

EC Generalist- Help with C2

>

salsaverde3

EC Generalist- Help with C2
Old 01-07-2020, 05:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi,
I am working on C2 and laying out writing samples to choose as well as planning for my goals for differentiation. I have several questions:

1) My first few possible pieces of evidence are black and white copies...is this ok?

2) Can you have more than one question/goal for your students in C2? Or is it better to focus on one? For example I would like to focus on phonological awareness and content (move beyond simple sentences) for one student. Can I keep both of should I just pick one? And can they differ for each child you pick?

3) Can the samples be different for each student? For example I use an assessment for one studentís sample, but I do not use that same assessment for the other student...is this ok?

4)Are district assessments fair game for samples? I know they technically are, but is it looked down upon because I did not create the assignment? (This would be my sample 1)

salsaverde3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Zia

Old 01-08-2020, 05:31 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Quote:
I know they technically are, but is it looked down upon because I did not create the assignment?
If NBs preferred one over the other, it would be a requirement, not a choice. There aren't secret preferences, I promise.
Zia is offline   Reply With Quote

middlestsis

Old 01-08-2020, 06:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I used black and white copies and the directions don't say anything about it not being allowed, so I would assume it is fine.

I used multiple goals and different goals for different students. I think it shows that you are differentiating for students. As long as you put your rationale, I would say you should pick the goals that show your best teaching. Same for the samples; you are picking the ones that you can use to show you meet those standards. As long as you follow the parameters, the assessments your choose are up to you!
middlestsis is offline   Reply With Quote

salsaverde3

Old 01-11-2020, 09:27 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Thank you both, I appreciate it!
salsaverde3 is offline   Reply With Quote

teacherlife88

Updated NB General Portfolio instructions
Old 01-13-2020, 07:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

However, from my interpretation of the NB General Portfolio instructions updated in 2019 on page 46 I would say that you would not be able to submit a district made assessment because it would be copyrighted to your district and/or program used to create/assess.

page 46 states:
 Do not include copyrighted materials with your submission.

teacherlife88 is offline   Reply With Quote