Help

Fourth Grade

State testing week question

>

EMO109

State testing week question
Old 05-09-2018, 04:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

As I work on upcoming plans, do you think it is a problem to give a classroom test the same week as a state test (not the same day, but the day after)?

I lean towards yes, since the test will be over at that point and we will have plenty of time to review and students should be prepared. I try not to place too much stress on the state tests and treat them as just another piece of our day, so not giving a test that they are ready for doesn’t seem to be necessary. However, I know that they will have worked hard and some students stress out over the tests, so maybe it would be better to wait.

EMO109 is offline   Reply With Quote

Gromit

Old 05-09-2018, 05:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I also treat state tests as just another day, so if a class test falls on that day, we take it. It has never been a problem. I haven’t really seen any sign that it changes scores significantly.

I also don’t review for the state tests or do any test prep, so the only disruption to routine is the taking of the test and it’s only for an hour a day for three days. Everything else is business as usual.
Gromit is offline   Reply With Quote

Linda/OH

Tests
Old 05-13-2018, 03:38 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

We had to give a class test the one week too. I felt bad for the kids, but as noted, it was necessary and they had studied. We also gave them free time/ extra recess at the end of that week.
Linda/OH is offline   Reply With Quote