Help

Third Grade

Anyone taken cc test through sbac?

>

tonbee

Anyone taken cc test through sbac?
Old 04-01-2014, 03:06 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I teach 3rd grade in South Dakota and we just took the 4 tests in two days. The ela non performance task was 44 questions and brutal. The math was less questions but I think my kids missed questions simply bc they didn't get the question.
Just curious if anyone else has had to put their students through this, I was not impressed and felt bad for my students.

tonbee is offline   Reply With Quote

Two Boys

Old 04-02-2014, 02:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

We don't start the SBAC for another two weeks. Our test is spread out over two weeks. I have heard it is awful from friends in other districts that have started it. What were your thoughts on the classroom lesson that needs to be taught one to two days prior to the performance task? We were also told this year that they only have 45 minutes for one of the portions, because the scores don't count this year.
Two Boys is offline   Reply With Quote

anna

Old 04-03-2014, 05:04 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

We start Monday and it is called a "Field Test" meaning it will only test the questions and not the students. We have it spread over three or four days. Three days for those students with one part to the performance task. Four days for student with two parts to the performance task.

Last edited by anna; 04-03-2014 at 07:45 PM..
anna is online now   Reply With Quote

Luvlucy1987

Sbac
Old 04-04-2014, 05:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

We won't be starting until April 14. This last week, we watched a video on showing how to get the students logged in and it was so confusing. We are allowed a total of 6 weeks to complete the three tests; non performance math, non performance ELA and performance ELA. We were told to only block off 50 minutes out of instruction for the test. I'm hoping it will go smoother than I am anticipating.
Luvlucy1987 is offline   Reply With Quote

Mrs. Br3

I hate it!
Old 04-07-2014, 06:27 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

We started April 1st. Luckily, our administration allowed us to spread them out. I only do one test per week, and my kids have as much time as they need to get through everything We were worried that if we stacked classes in the lab (a.m. session and a p.m. session) that there would be problems.

The first day was AWFUL! We had massive issues with logging on. The students have been stressed beyond belief, even with our reassurances that their performance isn't graded. I feel so bad for them. We have done the ELA non performance section and will start the performance task portion tomorrow

Mrs. Br3 is offline   Reply With Quote

imafive

Old 04-07-2014, 06:44 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...-rttt/1lSSvnYK
imafive is offline   Reply With Quote

Bapa

ugh
Old 04-07-2014, 07:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

We took 4 tests////4 days. First day we went in at 12:15 and got out at 2:50...some kids were not finished...some were done in 10 minutes. It was really, really hard..ela non performance. The ela performance was nearly as bad. The classroom activity didn't correlate with the computer test at all..other than it did talk about animals with shells. Some really did try hard...others just clicked away and submitted. Hope whoever makes the tests figures it out!
Bapa is offline   Reply With Quote

lily74

Sbac
Old 04-08-2014, 08:48 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

We just did our ELA tests over the past 2 days. I agree that the non-performance task is brutal. This definitely needs to be spread out. Our classes did it in one sitting and it was awful. I also felt bad for the kids, at 3rd grade I don't think these tests need to be so difficult. I feel like the people making the tests are deliberately trying to trick the students!!

I don't like them at all. We have only done the practice math test so far, but take the field test next week. I am not looking forward to it!!
lily74 is offline   Reply With Quote

Mrs. Br3

Performance task...
Old 04-08-2014, 05:56 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

So, our first group for the ELA performance task just went through yesterday....not good, people, not good at all. I'm so sad for these kiddos that have no support at home, and who had their whole style of learning turned upside down this year. I'm praying it gets better with time.
Mrs. Br3 is offline   Reply With Quote