Help

Third Grade

Guided Reading

>

lily74

Guided Reading
Old 09-17-2015, 08:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I feel as though my guided reading has not been so great for the past couple of years, so I am looking for some ideas.

I have tried 'Daily 5' (or 4 or 3) in the past, but have not been happy with the way it worked. Plus this year I have a special ed teacher in my room for 30 mins, plus an aide in my room full time (she is a 1:1, but I think I can use her for a guided reading group too).

I have approx 90 mins, and plan to do about 30 mins of grammar/spelling, 30 mins independent reading with guided reading groups, plus 30 mins of whole class/groups to teach our basal.

So does anyone have any suggestions of how to structure my reading group time to include 3 adults?

Thanks

lily74 is offline   Reply With Quote

Talbot5

Daily 5
Old 09-23-2015, 07:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

The great thing about daily 5 is that it teaches what kids can do in order for you to work with a small group of students.
You can pull small groups so that you are differentiating your instruction. You can also work and "reach" a smaller group of kids rather than a large group. Maybe who ever your helpers are can run a group that is similar to the students they are working with and you can do a novel study.
This is a great book to have a short guided lesson: The Reading Strategies Book: Your Everything Guide to Developing Skilled Readers
Talbot5 is offline   Reply With Quote