ARCHIVE

Upcoming Interview

>

Love2nd

Upcoming Interview
Old 11-16-2009, 01:35 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Okay everyone, I need advice!

I just was told I have an interview Monday for a permanent job (currently I long term sub in a different school system) and I am a little out of touch with my interviewing skills.

I am a first year teacher and I've actually only been on one real interview besides for the one I went to for the long term sub position.

I was wondering a few things:
1) What are some questions that the principal and hiring committee will ask for sure?
2) What are some randoms that you've been asked (hate those!)
3) I'm going to put together a portfolio and am thinking of putting some assessments that I made and some pictures. What should I include and what should I put it together with.
4) Lastly, any and all advice!

Thanks so much!

Love2nd is offline   Reply With Quote

carroll

interview questions
Old 11-16-2009, 04:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

They may ask you about the curriculum and how you would teach the frameworks within that curriculum. They always ask about assessments for ELA and math formal and informal. They ask about how you would communicate with parents, etc. They may ask about balanced literacy, don't know if your district teaches this...
carroll is offline   Reply With Quote

csano

Interview
Old 11-16-2009, 06:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I would familiarize myself with the state standards and I'd have in mind some ways to differentiate instruction so that you can meet the needs of all the students. They may ask you to describe a lesson in a specific curriculum area. It's usually good to come across as a "team player" willing to work with colleagues and other resource people in the building. They also may ask about communication with parents.

I hope this helps and the best of luck on your interview!
csano is offline   Reply With Quote