Help

Second Grade

Lunch Count

>

sharon77

Lunch Count
Old 07-21-2013, 07:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

What do you do to take lunch count in the morning? I'm looking for some new and different ideas. Pictures are welcome if you have any.

sharon77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tessa_Rue

Old 07-22-2013, 12:18 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I have a Promethean board and have a file for lunch. At my school we only need to know how many are taking hot lunch - no choice A or B - so students just move their name into hot lunch/cold lunch columns. I then IM that number to the office.
Tessa_Rue is offline   Reply With Quote

ConnieWI

Recent Post
Old 07-22-2013, 04:20 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

http://www.proteacher.net/discussion...d.php?t=465700
ConnieWI is offline   Reply With Quote

pvtflukd

Magnets
Old 07-22-2013, 05:24 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I have a magnetic board that I made into a graph. It has columns for home lunch, hot lunch and alternates. Each child has a magnet with his/her name. As they enter and unpack, they move their magnet to the appropriate column. If a magnet isn't moved, I know that child is absent (or at least tardy). At the end if the day, a helper moves all the magnets back to the attendance area.
pvtflukd is offline   Reply With Quote

Buzzworthy

at my school
Old 07-22-2013, 09:08 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

each student is issued a lunch ID card. It is then later used in the cafeteria. Their card is swiped and that is how the school keeps track of which particular students order lunch and late fees when parents don't pay.

Here is my system:
At the end of each school day as the kids are packing up, the first 2 students done and ready to go get the lunch cards and quickly place them on desks. I do it in the beginning of the year and then give the kids this responsibility about half-way through the year.

Then in the morning the kids walk in, get their card and then put in in the correct pocket. I made a 3 pocket thing out of posterboard and tape. The 3 pockets are "hot lunch", "cold lunch" and "absent"

It works perfect for me because then when we get in line to go to lunch all I have to do is grab the cards in the hot lunch pocket and we go. It also works perfect for attendance because as the kids are working on morning work I walk around and pick up the cards for the absent students. I LOVE not having to do any type of roll-call and can easily take attendance.

Buzzworthy is offline   Reply With Quote

DrivingPigeon

Old 07-22-2013, 05:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I do mine on the Smartboard. Here is a picture from 3 years ago...I've always used the same document.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37507742@N03/4946223067/
DrivingPigeon is offline   Reply With Quote

MissBonkers

Old 07-26-2013, 06:55 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I combine my attendance and lunch count. Each student has a pocket on the attendance/lunch count board. Every morning all cards are showing "red". As students come in, they change their card to "yellow" if they are getting a school lunch, or "green" if they have a lunch from home. This also tells me who is absent. My "lunch helper" at the end of the day turns all cards back to red.
MissBonkers is offline   Reply With Quote

Punkin6512

Old 07-26-2013, 07:16 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I too combine attendance and lunch count. Each student has a magnet that they move over to Lunch for Home, or Ordering a Lunch. Then I have a pocket chart where students who are ordering a lunch put their tickets in.
Punkin6512 is offline   Reply With Quote