Is anyone's spouse/family member a judge, DA, Lawyer...? - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Is anyone's spouse/family member a judge, DA, Lawyer...?

>

eliza4one

Old 06-02-2015, 03:31 PM

If yes, can you ask them about the following?

I have a question about "sentencing". Not me, lol. My daughter's stalker is still at it. Literally one day after he was released from 2+ months in a mental hospital (I think that's what it was), he is back to stalking her, taking off his ankle bracelet, texting her, e-mailing ME, etc.

My question is...why did the stay in the mental place take the place of jail time? If he's out...he obviously wasn't deemed mental...so why is he now not required to serve his jail time? He pushed for the mental health eval to get out of jail time.

Not that it's going to change anything. He'll get out and start right back up again.

On a side note, I CANNOT convince her to move, go off the grid, etc.

She won't listen to me. Hasn't since she's been about 13.

eliza4one is offline   Reply With Quote

LuvMyRatties

laws
Old 06-02-2015, 03:47 PM

It depends on what state you are in. Every state has different laws.
LuvMyRatties is offline   Reply With Quote

musicbug

Restraining order
Old 06-02-2015, 04:03 PM

Since he is at it again, she needs to get a restraining order based on the new infractions. She needs this paper trail, pepper spray, and anything else to protect herself.
musicbug is offline   Reply With Quote

peanut21

You've probably already
Old 06-02-2015, 04:26 PM

Done this, but get a restraining order then document everything . If he follows her, video it, print out emails, etc.
peanut21 is offline   Reply With Quote

eliza4one

Old 06-02-2015, 04:50 PM

The restraining order is still in effect. He was released yesterday. The texts started immediately. She got a call this a.m. from pretrial services (what is that?!?!?) who told her that he was messing with his ankle bracelet and that she needed to remember her escape route. WTH?! If they know he is messing with his ankle bracelet...why don't they DO something about it?

She filed a police report today. They (police) said they will "talk to him". WTH does that mean?!?!?!? At what point does violating a restraining order take effect? The RO is for ALL communication...text included.

I am so po'd at this entire situation. My DD included!

hiker1

Old 06-02-2015, 05:43 PM

How scary for your family. One thing that is better than pepper spray is wasp/hornet killer. It shoots from far way in a straight stream.
hiker1 is offline   Reply With Quote

NoElephants

Old 06-03-2015, 04:02 AM

I can't for the life of me understand how he has not been arrested for his multiple restraining order violations. Is there a way to file a complaint against the police dept?

Hoping your DD stays safe
NoElephants is offline   Reply With Quote

klarabelle

At a loss to understand
Old 06-03-2015, 12:18 PM

how her stalker can be fooling around with his ankle bracelet and they know it and he is still out. It would seem to me that someone is not doing there job. Telling her to remember her escape plan is nothing, it is allowing the stalker to have control.

I'm not sure I would be moving, she is in a place she knows and is comfortable with. If she were to move she would be in an unfamiliar place which would help him get to her. I don't understand why she won't come home and stay, though.

I hope all works out and they put him away for a very long time.
klarabelle is offline   Reply With Quote

eliza4one

Old 06-03-2015, 01:05 PM

Quote:
how her stalker can be fooling around with his ankle bracelet and they know it and he is still out. It would seem to me that someone is not doing there job. Telling her to remember her escape plan is nothing, it is allowing the stalker to have control.
I don't get it, either. That's why I was asking my original question about lawyers, DA, etc. The police simply say their hands are tied/they are doing their job. It seems to me that EACH and EVERY TIME he violates the RO, he should be brought in!!! That is why I am so ticked~!

As for moving...she already moved once and he found her. I am literally talking about moving out of state. Because he has terrorized her for over a year now, she doesn't work. She is literally a prisoner in her own apartment. She lost her job due to him stalking her at work...and she was afraid to show up to work, knowing he would be waiting for her when she got off.

There is nothing tying her to here, except family. I know that's "huge", but it's not like she lives right nearby. She lives an hour away. She came to stay with us for 6 weeks, but it was not conducive to her well-being. We live out in the middle of the boonies. That is not what she wants/needs. Her mental health has taken a huge hit. Honestly, this is going to take her years to recover from. The longer he persists, the longer it is going to take her to recover. Hence my desire to have her move out of state for a year or so so that he can move onto someone/something else. I know that sounds terrible, but I can't see this ending. Ever. It is truly that bad. She has no desire to move, though. Nor will she listen to any advice I give her. I am very frustrated as a parent and a witness to this. Everyone I talk to (detective, DA, etc.) tells me that it is not my business. She is a grown adult. She has to handle this, etc. They won't give me any information, because she is an adult.