The VENT

bummed

>

deflated

deflated

bummed
Old 08-07-2015, 03:35 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Ok, so I posted last week that I got passed over for a promotion. I found out who did get the position. This person is younger, less experienced, served less time at this school, and does not have an advanced degree. An advanced degree was a requirement. Makes my blood boil! I want to look for a new job but nothing around me is available. The closest is an hour away. That isn't my issue but I am in my final year of teaching at a low income school so that I can have some of my federal loan forgiven. Guess I will just have to stick it out....

Renea

Stick it out.
Old 08-07-2015, 05:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Stick it out and welcome the new hire graciously. Go out of you say to be helpful. I know someone who was passed over but extreemly helpful to the new hire. He failed and she got his job the next year. Classy wins out over anger any day.
Renea is offline   Reply With Quote

happygal

true
Old 08-07-2015, 06:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

classy always wins.

I am sorry you are bummed, however, OP.

Btw, do you know if one taught one year and got 1K forgiven, then subbed for 12 years if one can still apply for the loan forgiveness program. I know that originally I signed up for underperforming school, which I am now part of.

Any thoughts would be very helpful and appreciated, once your anger passes.
happygal is offline   Reply With Quote
deflated

deflated

Another update
Old 08-07-2015, 07:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Ok.. so opened the school mail and saw ALL the people who got promoted. There were four jobs. Funny how they are ALL friends. Even have pictures of them together on FB. UGH. and ALL have not been there nearly as long as me. I am just so upset and making myself sick. I feel like they knew who they wanted and just interviewed me to meet the quota.

cabrini6285

Old 08-07-2015, 07:39 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Hi Happy-- Google teacher forgiveness loans. That it what I did. I also had to work five years straight. Good luck!

cabrini6285 is offline   Reply With Quote

SportingKC

Old 08-08-2015, 05:24 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Don't be deflated. It was clearly politics and had nothing to do with your qualifications or their lack of qualifications. Politics runs the show in my district as well.

At least your loans will be forgiven as well. So you can move onto any place that you'd like to go, without having to consider whether the school is Title 1.

Start your job search in December and begin working on your resume now. That way if anything pops up, you'll be ready.
SportingKC is offline   Reply With Quote

ecsmom

Old 08-08-2015, 03:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

How did they justify giving the job to a person without an advanced degree if it is a requirement?
ecsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
deflated

deflated

Old 08-09-2015, 03:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

Hi- Not sure ecsmom. I emailed and asked what could I do differently or what you were looking for. She listed like 6 things all of which I did not see any of those people chosen do either. They had no answer for me.