Help

BusyBoard

teacher desk

>

thruachild'sI

teacher desk
Old 06-26-2017, 07:40 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I know a lot of you have gotten rid of your desk but mine is built in and I'm looking for different ideas on how to organize the top. I don't like a lot of items on my desk but I feel it's pretty neglected. Anyone willing to post pictures or suggestions?

thruachild'sI is offline   Reply With Quote

123rabbit

Writing station
Old 06-26-2017, 09:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

creating a writing station would be a great
way to use the space especially if there is a bulletin board to add ideas and promps.
123rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote

Haley23

Old 06-26-2017, 09:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I know not having one is all the rage, but I like my teacher desk . Sorry, no pictures, but I bought these tiny decorated buckets (hard to describe) from the target dollar bin years ago and they've held up perfectly. They typically put them out for different seasons (including Back to School).I have one for stickers and stamps, one for writing utensils, one for other supplies like scissors, white out, etc. and a tiny one for paperclips.

I have one those paper organizers in the corner with 4-5 slots. The back slot is general info for subs (including emergency info) so I can just pull that out and put it on the desk whenever I have someone. Then I have a slot for PD things that we're currently discussing (we're often asked to bring packets back to meetings), a slot for things that need to be dealt with but not right away, and the front slot is for things I need to take care of that day.

My stapler and 3 hole punch stay on the side, and then I have a clipboard with my schedule and planbook on it. I keep materials for lessons on a shelf behind my desk in shallow plastic bins labeled Monday-Friday. I also got those from Target and they haven't held up as well, but I can't find a good replacement. Unfortunately I haven't seen those back at Target!
Haley23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Zia

Old 06-26-2017, 09:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

My desk has an iMac and my lesson planner. That's it. I cannot handle clutter.
Zia is offline   Reply With Quote

thruachild'sI

I am definitely using the space for my desk
Old 06-27-2017, 05:19 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

It would be nice to have as a writers corner, but it is the only space available for me to put my items due to lack of other storage areas.

I had a wooden box at my old school with every subject and days for copies and manuals. It was great, but too big for my current desk. I tried keeping everything in the built in file cabinets, but the folders just kept falling and wouldn't stay up and it has just been frustrating. I need something that will "house" daily copies.

Most of my basic supplies, markers, post-its, glue, fit inside the desk out of the way.

I guess I'm just bored with my space and want to jazz it up some.

thruachild'sI is offline   Reply With Quote

Keltikmom

Desk
Old 06-27-2017, 05:40 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I liked having one. Two things I found really helped:

A small 3 drawer plastic box. One drawer had only markers in it for my use only. Second drawer had post its, white out, boo boo tape, small note pads, anything for writing. Third drawer was sort of a catch all for small items I used but would get lost in big drawer: nail file, business cards, random whistles, ....ok, it was a junk drawer.

The other piece that was highly useful was a combination horizontal and vertical file box. 3 horizontal inboxes and 4 or 5 vertical file slots.
Keltikmom is offline   Reply With Quote

SusanTeach

desk
Old 06-28-2017, 01:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I love my desk! I have no desire to get rid of it.

I don't have a picture, but here's what's on it:

*Desktop computer
*Elmo
*small organizer with a few drawers that keeps my paperclips, highlighter, pen, pencil, glue stick, white-out, and post-it notes. Basically anything that is needed almost daily.
*Weekly copy of my lesson plans (just to refer to as needed).

Everything else is in my desk.
SusanTeach is offline   Reply With Quote