Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

We're out indefinitely

>

Izzy23

We're out indefinitely
Old 03-17-2020, 11:36 AM

Our governor just announced that the schools are out indefinitely now. We were supposed to go back April 6, but now he won't give a date for returning. This is in Wisconsin. Our numbers jumped today and we now have community spread.

Izzy23 is offline   Reply With Quote

teacher4

Wow
Old 03-17-2020, 11:41 AM

I think will happen everywhere. Currently we are to return April 13th but have a feeling this will change.
teacher4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Haley23

Old 03-17-2020, 11:54 AM

I also think this will happen everywhere. We're supposed to go back the 30th, but no one thinks that's actually happening. Super sent an email today telling people they need to let their supervisor know if they have any symptoms so they can "evaluate where we are in this situation" knowing that most people probably can't get tested right now. She said it was looking like the closure would be extended but no date yet nor have they announced that to parents. Also no info as to what are expectations are moving forward. Since it was only supposed to be an extra week, they'd said no e-learning. I do have to do my IEP meetings this week but no instruction.
Haley23 is online now   Reply With Quote

WestCoastTch

Scary.
Old 03-17-2020, 12:23 PM

Things are changing at a rapid rate. It is scary.

Our district leadership is heavily preoccupied with providing meals to students during the closure. My campus will be open during certain windows to distribute food daily, and all teachers are being called to work this week so we can prepare packets of work for students to pick up during the food distribution window.
WestCoastTch is offline   Reply With Quote

Kinderkr4zy

Old 03-17-2020, 12:46 PM

absolutley changing by the hour-24 hours ago they declared a selter in place for most of the northern part of my state but 16 before that it was just a recommendation that bars and wineries close, 18 hours before that the school closures weren't even mandated-just a district by district decision, 24 hours before that it was just the elderly who were told to isolate, 2 days before that we were all discussing spring break like this wasnt even a thing.

These changes are very big and they happen very quickly with what feels like is very little warning.

I was working in my room yesterday and making plans to have lunch with coworkers and joking about sitting apart and speaking up to converse from 6 feet away-today I am not even allowed on campus to get supplies for when our distance learning begins.

Kinderkr4zy is offline   Reply With Quote

GreenBunny

Old 03-17-2020, 12:51 PM

This just happened in BC, Canada as well. Schools are closed indefinitely. Here in Vancouver, I reckon we're about a week behind what's going on just south of us. Most are self distancing, some are self isolating.

Stay safe, everyone! More correctly, I should say, "stay home, everyone!" Let's lessen that curve.
GreenBunny is online now   Reply With Quote

PEPteach

Old 03-17-2020, 01:15 PM

I'm not surprised. Waiting for that announcement here. I don't see how e-learning is going to last that long. 1 day and I'm not seeing it being all that effective. Less than half my kids are doing it, I think. THey don't have parent support.
PEPteach is offline   Reply With Quote