Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Buying Pants

>

Ima Teacher

Buying Pants
Old 08-13-2020, 11:24 AM

Pants have always been my nemesis. No butt. Short legs. Weight in belly.

Itís bad enough when I can try them on, but itís bad now. I finally just had to grab some and hope for the best. Iíd bought some new ones in the spring, and theyíre too big now. I found a few pairs in storage that fit again. That helped.

Ima Teacher is online now   Reply With Quote

klarabelle

Old 08-13-2020, 01:36 PM

I'm sorry your having problem finding pants. But congratulations on your new spring ones being too big now. Enjoy the pants from storage, it must be good to fit in them.
klarabelle is offline   Reply With Quote

sportsmom88

Old 08-13-2020, 02:17 PM

I have a similar problem. No butt, okay legs, but a belly mine are always too big around the dang waist. I have went down one size since we have been out and have needed to buy some new ones too. I hate wearing a belt so the waist really sticks out either in my front or back. I did find some Lee pants that I like. I bought several pairs in different colors of the same style. I am glad you found some in storage. My smaller closes still won't fit.
sportsmom88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Teacherbee_4

Clothes shopping
Old 08-13-2020, 04:12 PM

I have that problem with all my clothes! I really have to try EVERYTHING on. They all fit so differently. With many dressing rooms closed, I have not been able to get school clothes. I keep seeing things I like, but like I said, I have to try it on, so I haven't gotten any of them since the dressing rooms are closed. I also don't like to buy clothes and then return them because I hate to make that additional trip....and I hate saving receipts.
Teacherbee_4 is online now   Reply With Quote

Song of Joy

Old 08-13-2020, 04:29 PM

I agree, pants or jeans are the worst unless you can try them on. I've been reduced to buying a new set of a cut and brand I already have.

I bought 2 Eddie Bauer sweatshirts yesterday because I knew they would fit and they were 50% off. It's the first new clothing I've bought in many months.

Song of Joy is offline   Reply With Quote

amiga13

Old 08-13-2020, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Song of Joy
I agree, pants or jeans are the worst unless you can try them on. I've been reduced to buying a new set of a cut and brand I already have.
Exactly! Pants are the hardest to fit. I buy what I know, too, and Iíve become quite reliant on my measuring tape.

I confess I buy a lot of clothes. All online. Returns are much easier these days, but I mostly confine myself to only 3 stores because I know how their clothes fit me. (Lululemon: I need a big size. Loft is true to size for me. Columbia is fun because they run so big I wear an XS.)

I miss shopping in stores. I used to love shopping at TJ Maxx. For me, itís no fun to shop there online.
amiga13 is offline   Reply With Quote

ZipLine

Old 08-14-2020, 03:33 AM

I hate going shopping so buy most of my clothes online. LLBean is my store of choice. I do shop at concrete stores for slacks and jeans because I am so picky about comfort and fabric. When I find slacks/jeans I like, I buy multiple pairs.
ZipLine is online now   Reply With Quote

kahluablast

Old 08-14-2020, 05:26 AM

I found some I found flattering at Steinmart. They are pull up type, but fit nicely, donít stretch out grossly, and help control things. I love them. They have fake pockets which I donít like, but they fit so nice I couldnít care.

Now to find that steinmart is closing. I should pick up another pair. These were made by peck n peck. That is what the tag says.
kahluablast is offline   Reply With Quote

thinkerbell12

I know I'm in trouble
Old 08-14-2020, 09:13 AM

when I accidentally pull on a pair of pants backwards...and they fit better!
thinkerbell12 is offline   Reply With Quote