Help

The VENT

Getting moved in....

>

BioBirdie

Getting moved in....
Old 08-13-2020, 05:43 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

My new science room is ready to move in! I am so overwhelmed with everything to move back in, plus supplies from the retired teacher who I am getting half his workload added to mine. Tons of cool hands-on, not covid appropriate, stuff....but someday we'll use it again. My vent is that I want to start moving and organizing, and made time to go into our basically deserted building several days this week with my teenage daughter and husband to help me....just to find out that only I am allowed in. My daughter will be in the building 2 days a week in a month, but can't help me in an empty building with a mask on. Grrrr. I have back problems., my husbands help was very much needed. School workers that could help are under staffed, super busy and don't know when they can get to it. Oh, and we aren't air conditioned. I've spent 3 hours Tue and 2 hours yesterday and still have a lot to do. I'm feeling guilty I'm not there this morning, but my bed felt too good. I hate that no one realizes how much personal time teachers put into making it all happen....and I can't handle the stress if all my stuff is like a bomb went off on the first day I contractually have to be there. Thank you for listening.

BioBirdie is offline   Reply With Quote

Lottalove

That stinks!
Old 08-13-2020, 05:04 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I can't imagine! My DH went in with me today to move stuff. Together, we accomplished more in 20 minutes than I could have done in hours! I am grateful for it too.

I too stress more when there is chaos. I am taking tomorrow off and won't go in again until Monday.
Lottalove is offline   Reply With Quote

klarabelle

Old 08-13-2020, 05:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I would take to my P and pled my case. If DD will be in the school in the month I don't understand the problem. Nor do I see a problem with DH's help.
klarabelle is offline   Reply With Quote

twinmom95

Old 08-14-2020, 08:53 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

That's very difficult! I know last spring when we shut down at one point we were told we could go in and start packing up our rooms when it was obvious we would not reopen. However we were not allowed to have anyone with us to help. It could only be staff members.

I'm not sure if it will be that way again this fall .We go back in 2 weeks. We put off the start by a week. Normally I am in there setting up at this point. We are using the hybrid model. I am not doing anything until I know exactly what we have to/can do because I don't want to have to redo it. They don't have those plans quite figured out yet.
twinmom95 is online now   Reply With Quote