User Name forgot?
Password

Readin' + Writin' + 'Rithmetic + So Much More

Summer -- Aaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!

>

J.Elaine

Summer -- Aaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!
Old 05-25-2009, 06:47 PM

I hope this isn't too much of a shock to too many people, but I'M BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's summer, so maybe I'll actually have time to blog.

I loop with my students, so on Thursday, I said goodbye to my 4th graders knowing they'd be back in the fall as my 5th graders. I love the summer between 4th and 5th grade. My brain just keeps on ticking away -- thinking about all the ways I can make next year better for my students. As I was working in my classroom yesterday, I moved our bookshelves leaving room for a reading nook. I want my 5th graders to come in excited to see that the room has been changed just for them.
Well, I guess you can see that I've not changed all that much since I've been gone. I still love my students, and I'm still an incredible nerd!!!!!

Now I'm here hoping to hear from you all. Tell me what and how you've been doing. I am going to a Daily 5 inservice tomorrow. If you've had some experience with D5, what advice can you share?

I'm hoping blogging will help work out some of the kinks in my thinking. What do you think?

Later . . .

J.Elaine is offline   Reply With Quote
maryteach

Welcome back Elaine
Old 05-26-2009, 04:08 PM

I always enjoyed your posts. I'm looking forward to hearing more from you.

Mary
maryteach is offline   Reply With Quote
BookMuncher

welcome back!!
Old 05-30-2009, 08:34 AM

We missed you! I'm jealous that you're in the middle of a loop- it's such a good feeling to know who awaits you and know what you'll need to do right away!

I don't do Daily 5 but it has all of the things that I think are important in a literacy environment. It's a catch and release model (according, I think, to a different article I was reading- or was it a book?). You throw them out, reel them in, throw them out, reel them back, etc...

I can't wait to hear about it if you do in 5th!
BookMuncher is offline   Reply With Quote

>
Readin' + Writin' + 'Rithmetic + So Much More