Password

Readin' + Writin' + 'Rithmetic + So Much More

Summer School -- Winding Down!

>

J.Elaine

Summer School -- Winding Down!
Old 06-24-2009, 03:06 PM

Just 2 more days of summer school!
I've enjoyed working with my summer school students, but I am really ready for it to end. We were required to do academics -- reading/math -- for the first 4.5 hours, but the afternoon was more exploratory. My class did Mini-Society. We are having our last business session tomorrow morning. I'm hoping I can get my students to help with the packing and cleaning up. All the things I brought down to use have to be boxed up so the custodians can carry it all back up to my classroom.

July off sounds like heaven! I went to my granddaughter's coach-pitch baseball game on Friday and my grandson's baseball game on Saturday.
My personal goal for July: do a whole lot more with my family.

Believe it or not, I',m still labeling and leveling books. I'm also recording all the info on a spreadsheet as I go. It's hugely time consuming, but seeing all my labeled books on the bookshelves is extremely rewarding.
My work goal for July: level/label all the books I brought home from school today!!!!!!!!

My professional development goal for July:
read Worksheets Don't Grow Dendrites by Marcia L. Tate AND readExplicit Direct Instruction by John R. Hollingsworth and Silvia E. Ybarra
AND
read/study The Daily 5 by the 2 sisters
AND
read/study The Comprehension Toolkit by Stephanie Harvey and Anne Goudvis.

YIKES! I guess I'd better get started!!!!! August will be here before I know it!

Later . . .

J.Elaine is offline   Reply With Quote

>
Readin' + Writin' + 'Rithmetic + So Much More