Help

TEACHERS' LOUNGE ARCHIVE

To my dear PT friends

>

gg

To my dear PT friends
Old 12-16-2009, 10:08 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Well, I've been over 24 hours without my dear son and I have survived. I felt like I was wrapped in a fog but the more I think about it perhaps it was the virtual arms of my PT family. I am amazed at your responses. I read every single one of them and they do make me feel better to know that so many people that don't know me or my son can be so caring. I know I'm still numb but I cry a lot too.

My mom eventually came to be with me yesterday. I feel bad for her because she is older (79) and she has lost her grandson. The two of them were very close. I worry about her. My daughter lives in Hawaii but flights out were almost a thousand dollars, which she didn't have, so friends from California, where I live, got the money together for a ticket and I picked her up at LAX last night. It is such a blessing to have her here with me. We cry and laugh together remembering our lost son and brother. I know there are a lot of painful times ahead, especially when my daughter leaves in a few days, but it is so good to have her to hold right now.

Teachers and admin at school have been very helpful. School goes through the 23rd but my princ told me to take off till break. She arranged for a sub and teachers have taken care of lesson plans. I am very thankful for that.

My son was a wonderfully creative witty man. It's hard to say man because he'll always be my little boy. He was so sensitive and caring his whole life. He was the child that the teacher said, "I wish they were all like him." He was a musician, a surfer and a writer. He had traveled the world with his band. He graduated from UC Santa Barbara with a major in religious studies. Although he was raised in Southern California my son wanted to experience the big city and he moved to NYC to get his masters from Columbia. He arrived there on September 10, 2001. I think that always effected him. He was a volunteer that made stretchers for bodies carried from the towers. He lived in NY and loved living there for 7 years but the poor economy finally brought him back home. He'd been living with me for the last year and struggling to find work. He moved out on December 6th. I can't help but wonder if he'd stayed with me if things would have been different. But I know he was a man and had a need to find his own way. I'm just so heart broken it ended this way. His body was burned beyond recognition. I'll have his ashes spread at sea... he loved the ocean and surfing so I think that's where he'd want to be.

I've rambled long enough but I just want anyone who wanted to know how I'm doing to know I'll be okay. I'm so glad you were there for me yesterday. I cried and read, cried and read. And I wanted you to know about my very special, much loved son, brother, grandson and friend. His name was Corby.

I<3Teaching13

Old 12-16-2009, 10:13 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

You are so strong. It is so wonderful that you can think of all the wonderful things at a time like this. What a blessing that he lived with you for the past year. He obviously left his mark on the world and I believe there is a special place for people like him. Keep surrounding yourself with those that love you and support you. You and your family continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

RAD

gg
Old 12-16-2009, 10:13 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Thanks for the update. I am so thankful your daughter was able to come and be with you, as well as your mom. The next few days will be a blur and then you will need to take one day at a time.
I will continue to pray for you and your family.

Orwell

Sorry
Old 12-16-2009, 10:20 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Thank you for the update. I am very sorry to read about your son's death. I can only imagine the pain and hurt that you feel. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

choosejoy

Old 12-16-2009, 10:22 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Oh gg.....you are in my thoughts and prayers. I understand completely about him being your little boy. He sounds like such an incredible person who experienced a lot in life. I am so glad your daughter was able to come. I am a single mom of 2 adult children who live far from me now. Know that many of us on PT are lifting you up and my personal prayer for you is for the "peace that passes understanding."

QueenBee4

Old 12-16-2009, 10:23 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Thank you for telling Corby's story. I'm so thankful you are able to share with us what a wonderful gift he was to this world. I wish you and your family peace.

chocaholic

gg
Old 12-16-2009, 10:32 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

thank you so much for taking the time to update your PT family. I have tears in my eyes as I read your post. I am so thankful that your daughter was able to make it to be with you at this most difficult time.

I can only imagine how hard this is for you. Your news yesterday put my life into perspective and when I tucked my own little boys in bed last night, I held them a bit longer and told them I loved them dearly. I thought of you at that moment and of your precious son. From your description of your son and his life, I am positive he felt your love also. You took him back into your home this past year and gave him what he needed- not only a roof over his head, but also your support and encouragement. I would probably wonder as you do about "what if he'd stayed at home" but remember that you gave him the wings to fly, to be independent again, which is what he needed and I'm sure he appreciated that.

As you journey through the difficult hours, days, weeks, and months ahead, I hope you know that your PT friends are thinking of you. We mourn the loss of your wonderful little boy along with you. I feel very honored that you shared a bit about your son with us.
Please take good care of yourself at this time as I'm sure that is what your son would have wanted.
Chocaholic ((((((HUGS)))))))))

Suezie

to gg
Old 12-16-2009, 10:33 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

Thank you for having the courage to update us and tell us your son's name. In many of your past posts, you have offered prayers to others who have been suffering heartache. I hope that all of our messages continue to help you through this time of sorrow. Hugs and prayers for you, your daughter, and your mother.

Suezie

MrsTeacher

Old 12-16-2009, 10:37 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

Thank you for sharing your story for us. It may help you to find peace to write about him and the wonderful man that he was. We will all be thinking of you and hoping for the best for you and your family at your greatness time of need.

Suspended

missggr04

Suspended

Old 12-16-2009, 10:37 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

I am happy that you are coping and able to vent!

Ali'a

He sounds like a wondeful person
Old 12-16-2009, 10:39 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

Corby sounds like someone who people would love to be friends with. Thank you for sharing him with us. I will continue to pray for you, your daughter, and your mom.

Last edited by Ali'a; 12-16-2009 at 12:00 PM..

Kiki1117

thinking of you

Clip to ScrapBook #12

I am relieved to hear an update from you. I have been thinking about you and your family. I am glad that you have your mother and daughter there to mourn together and support one another. I will be thinking of you all.

Swtogirl

Clip to ScrapBook #13

Your son sounds like a wonderful man. Thank you for sharing that with us.

I continue to think and pray for you and your family.

pmpkin2

Sending prayers
Old 12-16-2009, 10:42 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #14

I am so so sorry to hear about the sudden loss of your son, what a tragedy! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers, it sounds like he was an awesome young man, one to be really proud of. It also sounds like he lived his life to the fullest while he was here. I am glad you have your daughter home with you. I will continue to pray for all of you.

Angie55

Gg
Old 12-16-2009, 10:52 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #15

As others have stated thank you for the update. I can not stop thinking about you and your family. I am glad that your daughter and mother are there and everyone is together. Your son sounds so wonderful and caring. I will continue to think and pray for you.

God Bless

Drama Mama

Keeping you in my prayers
Old 12-16-2009, 10:54 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #16

I thought of you on the way to work this morning and prayed that the Lord would keep you in his strength today. Your Corby sounds like he was a wonderful person. I was worried about you being alone, and am glad that your family has been able to come be with you. My family will be praying for you.

dogsx8

Thinking of you
Old 12-16-2009, 10:57 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #17

Gg, you have been on my mind since I read your post yesterday. I am so sorry for your loss and wish you peace and comfort in times when you don't feel you have it. Thank you for sharing your story with us and letting us know you are ok. Please keep us posted and always remember we are here for you. Take care of yourself, *hugs* and prayers.......

ccarlton

gg
Old 12-16-2009, 11:06 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #18

It's so good to hear from you today. From your post, you sound like a woman of tremendous strength and faith. Thank you for sharing with us about who your son was/is. It makes me feel like I know him without knowing him. He sounds like he was a talented and unique person. My continued thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Davies1030

Old 12-16-2009, 11:14 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #19

I am so incredibly sorry for you loss. I wasn't on yesterday so I didn't see the inital message, but I went back and found it. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I'm glad you have family around you now. I've only known one other person in my entire life named Corby and I always loved that name. Keep your strength going and take as much time as you need to go through the healing and grieving process.

Hifiman

Thank you for sharing
Old 12-16-2009, 11:19 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #20

I'm very happy to know you have people to support you through this difficult time. It's wonderful to know your friends were there for you to help your daughter come home and you have support from your school. I can't imagine what it feels like to experience the sadness you feel now. I wish the best for you.

angelluv8778

Dearest GG,
Old 12-16-2009, 11:21 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #21

I don't know what it is like to lose your child, however I watched my Mom go through so much when we lost my brother a couple of years ago. Please know that you are in my thoughts as well as your daughter. I won't say the atypical things that people normally say when they have nothing to say...simply because nothing that I say can take it away. I will say with time it gets easier....I'll pray for you....

HUGS

Seana

gg
Old 12-16-2009, 11:25 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #22

Corby is a very nice name and thank you for telling us about him. Your story has really affected me. My thoughts and prayers will continue to be with you. ((HUGS)) to you gg!

readbks2

Old 12-16-2009, 11:27 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #23

I'm glad your mother and daughter are with you, as we all are with you in our hearts at this sad time. I can tell how proud you feel when you talk about your son. He had to know how much he was loved. I will think of you often and pray that you will continue to find comfort in your family and friends.

Last edited by readbks2; 12-16-2009 at 04:48 PM..
geezer

geezer

Old 12-16-2009, 11:32 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #24

Gg,

I've been thinking of you since I read your post about your son yesterday. I am so glad that you have your mom and daughter with you for support. I know that God is holding all of you in His hand. I don't know why bad stuff like this has to happen. I lost my big brother 19 years ago and I still think about him every day. I know your daughter will be the same with her brother. Your family will continue to be in my prayers.

OK4NOW

gg
Old 12-16-2009, 11:36 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #25

Thank you for sharing Corby's story. Peace and strength be with your mother, daughter, and you during this time.

Keeli0307

Old 12-16-2009, 11:49 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #26

I am so sorry about your loss. I'm praying for you and your family.

mana98

Gg
Old 12-16-2009, 11:54 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #27

Thank u for sharing ur story with us. U have been in my thoughts and prayers since I read ur post yesterday. Ur son sounds like he was a wonderful person who lived his life to fullest. You should be very proud to have raised a son who will be loved missed and loved by many. Know that we here at be will be here for u when u need us.

TTT

Thank you!
Old 12-16-2009, 12:00 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #28

As you can see, we've been very concerned! It was heartwarming to read Corby's story. Thank you for sharing it! He sounded so compassionate and filled with life. God must have needed a special angel. I'm glad that you have your mom and daughter with you and that you are getting support at school.

Please know that you and your family remain in my thoughts and prayers!

pteach55

gg
Old 12-16-2009, 12:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #29

Thank you for sharing your wonderful memories of your son. He must have been very special. I will mention this to my priest tonight and ask him to add your son and your family to his prayers. Peace be with you.

jugglingit

Old 12-16-2009, 12:06 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #30

gg, Corby was a wonderful and amazing person. He will live on in you and your family.

He was lucky to have had you as his mother. Take care of yourself and give yourself time to grieve.

StephR

Old 12-16-2009, 12:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #31

I have been thinking of you all day and night, as I can not even imagine the pain that you are going through right now. I am so very happy to hear that your mother and daughter were able to join you. It sounds like you have a great support system around you to help you at this time. Thank you for the update and for sharing Corby's story with us. I will continue to have you all in my thoughts. ((((HUGS)))))

ecsmom

Old 12-16-2009, 12:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #32

Thank you for the update. I am glad you have your daughter with you and your mom too. Take care.

Kermit

Old 12-16-2009, 12:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #33

gg your son sounds like an amazing person. I am so sorry for your loss (and I am crying as I write this.) My heart goes out to you. I lost my 32 year old sister in a car accident several years ago and know how shocking and horrible it all is. I will think of you and your family often. I'm glad you have family near you now. Sending my love.

PinkDelicious

Old 12-16-2009, 12:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #34

I too have been thinking about you. Thank you for the update. Corby sounds like a wonderful person. He will always be with you! God Bless

msamyb

gg
Old 12-16-2009, 12:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #35

I will continue to send (((hugs))) and prayers your way.

Nyanza

Oh gg....
Old 12-16-2009, 12:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #36

I want to thank you for introducing Corby....now the tears are streaming down my face as I type this. It was so wonderful to read how your colleagues came through, and let's not forget the admin.
Though "my feelings" aren't important, I will admit I feel so much better knowing you are not there alone. I understand your concern for your mother, but have you allowed her to comfort you-her baby?
I don't know..that last question was wishful thinking on my part. My mother passed years ago, but Lord knows I need to be wrapped in her arms and hear her tell me... "It's going to be alright".
Will continue to keep you in my prayers.

bookhound

Dearest gg,
Old 12-16-2009, 12:49 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #37

it sounds like Corby made the most of his precious years.
Thank you for your kind words and your sharing of personal
history. I love hearing about all of the special people that
have graced this earth. He was an extraordinary individual.

Your mom and daughter are, I am sure, a source of comfort to
you. I can see the pride in your words as you speak of Corby.
May you take some degree of comfort knowing that the world
and the people in it are better for either coming into contact with
him or as a ripple effect of his actions.
My thoughts and prayers remain with you and yours.

luvs_her_job

Dear gg
Old 12-16-2009, 01:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #38

Thank you for sharing Corby with us. I can not begin to understand your pain, but I am glad that we can help you with it. Please let me offer my postive thoughts and prayers to you and your family's healing. I'm so glad that you are not alone and have them to help you through this. We'll be thinking of you.

Love2nd

Old 12-16-2009, 01:06 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #39

I am so sorry this happened to you and your family. Thank you for sharing Corby's story. He sounded like a wonderful person. I'm glad to hear you got some time off and that your colleagues are taking care of you at school. That's the last thing you need to be worrying about.

I'm praying for you and your family and sending hugs your way.

EllaKate

Old 12-16-2009, 01:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #40

gg,

Thank you for sharing Corby with us. I'm so glad you have family with you so you can support each other through this difficult time. I love the idea of spreading his ashes at sea as he obviously loved the ocean. Again, please accept my sympathy.

Jo_1192

Old 12-16-2009, 01:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #41

I'm so glad you have posted an update. I know I have been keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and will continue to do so. Just like many PP have stated, I'm glad you are not alone. Please know that even though we can't be right there with you supporting you, we are here for you.

Phyllis

Old 12-16-2009, 01:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #42

I'm so glad you have your mother and daughter there and the support of your coworkers. I will be thinking of you as the days and weeks go by. It was very brave of you to share with us his life story.

Tigger97

Old 12-16-2009, 01:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #43

Dear gg,

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of you son. It brings me to tears. He sounds like such a wonderful young man. Please know that I am thinking about you and praying for your family during this time....

FancyFish

Old 12-16-2009, 01:43 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #44

I am so glad that you are able to think about the wonderful things your son was and did at this sad time. I am also thankful that you are able to have your family with you. I will continue to think of you and Corby and keep you in my prayers.

Fleurdelys

Old 12-16-2009, 01:49 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #45

Thank you gg for sharing your wonderful son with us. I admire your courage and strength. May you find comfort in all our responses. Friends and colleagues are their to support us in our time of need. You and your precious Corby have been in my thoughts. Please find comfort and support from your family, friends, colleagues, admin and PT friends. Keep strong.

meliss39a

Old 12-16-2009, 01:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #46

thank you for sharing some memories of your son with us. I'll continue to keep you in my thoughts & prayers

PPCDTeacher

Old 12-16-2009, 01:55 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #47

Bless your dear heart.
I'm so, so very sorry for your pain and I wish I could reach out and give you a real hug.
I know that no words can truly comfort you at this time because what you really need is to have your son back.
But thank you for telling us about Corby.
He sounds like a strong, beautiful young man, and we know that he will always be your little boy.
I'm glad that your administrator is allowing you to take time off, and that friends provided for your daughter to be there with you. I hope that you can continue to comfort each other and your mom.
I will keep on praying for you.

Margaret916

Continuing to think of you..
Old 12-16-2009, 01:56 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #48

I am so thankful to hear from you today -- and to hear about your dear son. Thank you for sharing his stories with us. *hugs* I am glad that your family has gathered with you and know that we will continue to be here for you whenever you need us.

daisylove

gg
Old 12-16-2009, 02:00 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #49

Beautiful update. Thank you for sharing your son's life with us.

I'm so glad your daughter was able to fly home to be with you. What thoughtful, caring friends helped her get home.

SisterAnne

gg,
Old 12-16-2009, 02:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #50

It is very easy to understand how amazing Corby is...his mother is amazing...strength, faith, courage, thinking of others, sharing. Thank you for sharing about your son. May you feel the Lord holding you and your family in the palm of his hand. Please continue to post when you are able so we can all reach out with strength and love. Blessings...

Sister Anne

cutecat

Old 12-16-2009, 02:05 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #51

gg,
Thank you for sharing with us. I thought about you all last night and this morning. I am amazed by your strength and thankful that you are surrounded by family. Take care and know that many of us are praying that you find peace in the days ahead.

GoldenGirl81

Corby
Old 12-16-2009, 02:06 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #52

Corby sounds like he was a wonderful person and I know he brought much joy to all of those around him. I know his halo will continue to shine brightly. Much love to you, gg, and I will keep you, Corby, and the rest of your family in my prayers.

bandmom

Old 12-16-2009, 02:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #53

Thank you for taking the time to share the story of your wonderful son's life. His selfless and giving nature has obviously been learned from an equally selfless and giving mother.

I'm so glad your daughter has been able to join you and your mother, and that your school family has been so supportive. Please remember to take care of yourself, too.

liketeaching1

Continuing
Old 12-16-2009, 02:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #54

to hold you in my thoughts and prayers. Losing a son is so difficult. I lost mine eight years ago. When you shared your thoughts I immediately remembered the numbing feelings, the pain, the sadness. I will continue to remember and think of you. Be assured that you can turn to your friends here in PT.

sparklegirl

Old 12-16-2009, 02:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #55

Thank you for sharing Corby's story. I'm so sorry you lost him, but thankful you have your daughter and mother to grieve with. I cannot imagine what you must be feeling, but you sound strong and I know God is willing and more than able to comfort and uphold you. You'll continue to be in my prayers.

flutterbuggy

Old 12-16-2009, 02:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #56

Hi gg...Thank you for sharing your son's story. He really does sound like an incredible man. I am so glad your daughter and mother are able to be there with you during this time. I am also so happy and touched by your friends that were able to help get your daughter to you. I am thinking about you and sending hugs!

JacobsMommy

Gg
Old 12-16-2009, 02:56 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #57

You and your son have been in my heart these past two days. I have been praying for God's comfort for you and your family. I can not begin to fathom losing my son, but I have no doubt that a mother and son's bond can survive the temporary separation you two are facing. I will continue to pray for you during the quiet moments of my day. Thank you for sharing your story.

With Love,

Jessica

"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal."
~Author Unknown

Bethany

Thinking of You, GG
Old 12-16-2009, 02:56 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #58

I am sitting here trying to see my screen as I type this because I am crying for you. Corby seemed like a wonderful person and I encourage you to continue remembering those memories you had with him with friends and family. Reach out to people who are willing to help and find that support system who you can go to when you need to cry, scream, be angry, etc. Take time for yourself and know that each and every one of us are here for you as well. Come and write out your feelings whenever you want...we can support you as well.

polarteach

((((hugs)))))
Old 12-16-2009, 03:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #59

Sending some hugs your way. Thanks for sharing that incredible story about your son. He seemed like a wonderful person. I will continue to pray for you and your family.

MaryMac

Thanks for letting us know
Old 12-16-2009, 03:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #60

I have been wondering how you have been. Thank you for telling us about your son. I am glad your daughter is with you now. Take care.

talgirl

Gg
Old 12-16-2009, 03:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #61

I have started this post a bunch of times and each time I have to stop because I cannot see the screen through my tears for you. Your son sounds like he was a wonderful young man who brought great joy to your life. I am so glad you are not alone and that people have really come together for you at this time of sadness.

I continue to think of you and pray for you and your family. Please continue to lean on your PT friends. We are here for you.

NCLATeacher

Old 12-16-2009, 03:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #62

Please take comfort and strenght from your family during this very difficult time. You son sounds like a wonderful person; thank you for sharing his story with us.

I will continue to keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Adams

Dear gg
Old 12-16-2009, 03:42 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #63

Corby was a blessing to your family and he will be missed. I have tears in my eyes reading about Corby, your family, and wonderful friends and colleagues .

schoolgirl3

gg
Old 12-16-2009, 03:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #64

In this moment that your heart is so heavy, I know that you feel the love of your PT family. May you find peace and strength as you grieve your loss. You are in my prayers.

Old 12-16-2009, 03:49 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #65

Your son sounds like a wonderful man. He gave you so many reasons to be proud. I believe that you will see him again. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

kappa 87

Old 12-16-2009, 03:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #66

Dear gg,

I missed your original post, not being on here consistently. I am so sorry for your loss. My heart aches for you. Your son sounds like such a great person. He didn't live long enough, but he lived well. Many people don't make the most of their lives. It sounds like Corby did.

Sending you love and prayers.
Kappa

Jalon

hugs to you
Old 12-16-2009, 03:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #67

Bless your heart....we all feel so much for you. I can't imagine how I would react, what I'd do, etc. if I lost someone so suddenly. I lost both my parents, but I know it's nothing like losing a child, especially one in the prime of his life. You'll go through a lot of feelings. Just allow it all to happen.

I haven't read responses, but please check into getting your daughter's airfare waved/reimbursed because of loss in the family. There is paperwork to be done, but if you pursue, it can happen. I know you have more on your plate right now than that, though.

Take care.

summertime

oh gg
Old 12-16-2009, 03:54 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #68

I am so sorry to hear about your son Corby. My heeart aches for you. Please use your pt friends. We are always here for you. Thank you for sharing such special memories with us. Hugs!!

JulieG04

gg
Old 12-16-2009, 03:54 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #69

I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. There are still no words to express my sorrow for your loss. I know that you will find a way to celebrate the life that he lived and the time you were able to spend with him. I hope we may all be your support as you grieve for Corby.

briteach

Old 12-16-2009, 04:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #70

GG, You're still in my prayers. It's such a blessing that family is with you at this time. Thanks for the update, I've been praying someone would be by your side. God's strength to you.

Lady Teacher

I cried when I read too
Old 12-16-2009, 04:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #71

Corby sounds like an amazing man. What a gift you were given if only for a short time. I'm so glad that friends helped to make sure that your daughter is there with you. I'm so glad that you will have each other to get through this. You will remain in my prayers.

nanteach

Gg
Old 12-16-2009, 04:24 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #72

I thought about you all day. I am so glad your mom and daughter are with you. My thoughts and prayers are with you (((((HUGS))))

You seem to have a wonderful staff that will also help you through. If we can do anything for you...just ask

Chris

kahluablast

Old 12-16-2009, 04:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #73

Thank you for your open response. Corby sounds like someone you should rightfully feel very proud of.

Take comfort in your family now. This season will be hard, and there will be more difficult times in the future. I lost my brother when I was 28, he was 26. (18 years ago). The most heart wrenching thing I have ever been through. I still remember how hard it was right afterward. Time does make it better, but... a lot of time.

God Bless you. Will be thinking of your through out the holidays. Take care of yourself, please.

AMDG

Dear gg
Old 12-16-2009, 04:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #74

you and Corby have been in my thoughts and prayers day and night. May God continue to comofort you and bless you with ever greater and greater trust in his merciful love for you and your wonderful son.

TootSweet

Thank you for posting
Old 12-16-2009, 04:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #75

Thank you for posting and giving us a glimpse into the life of your son. I'm still praying for you and your family.

starfish92

so glad
Old 12-16-2009, 04:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #76

that you are now with people who know and care....remember that when you are "alone" your memories of Corby will be with you and that we are all just a mouse click away!

linda2671

Old 12-16-2009, 04:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #77

Your son sounds like a wonderful person, and we know you are a wonderful mom. My prayers are with you as you go through this tough time in your life.

luv2chat

Old 12-16-2009, 04:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #78

Thank you gg for sharing Corby with us. His loss will be felt by many. I'm glad you have your daughter and mother for support. Please know that your PT family is always here for you too. Take care (((hugs)))

Rest in peace Corby

4abue

Old 12-16-2009, 04:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #79

My deepest sympathies in this trying times. My family's prayers are with you.

girllovesmath

Old 12-16-2009, 05:05 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #80

Thank you so much for your touching response. I could hardly read it through my tears. I'm going to give my brother a call.

I hope in the during the hardest times you are able to find strength. Just know there are lots of people here thinking of you.

funkid

Thinking about you...
Old 12-16-2009, 05:24 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #81

Your family was on my mind all day. Thank you for allowing us to hear your story. Every day with our family and friends is a gift and it sounds like your son never wasted a day. Corby knew that he was loved. I am praying for you and wishing you peace.

freckleface

gg
Old 12-16-2009, 05:37 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #82

May God wrap you in the comfort of his arms and remember that the world is a better place for Corby having been there....sending a prayer your way for Corby and your family...

bookgeek59

Old 12-16-2009, 05:40 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #83

I am so full of joy reading about your Corby. Sounds like he had quite a spirit about him that touched many. I'll continue to pray for you and everyone whose life he touched. Be strong, and know that your loved ones- real and virtual- are here to hear more any time you're ready.

suzyteach

Hi gg
Old 12-16-2009, 05:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #84

I have been thinking about you since yesterday, and I was hoping (but did not think it would happen) that we would hear from you today. Thank you so much for telling us about your beautiful son Corby.

What a gift you had to be able to live with him for the last year. I know you are thinking about the "what ifs" but we can't do that. It will make you crazy, and won't change the horrible reality.

What a blessing you and your daughter's friends were to get her here! I am thankful for you.

You remain in my prayers. ((Hugs)) to
you.

SassyTeach

My heart hurts for you!
Old 12-16-2009, 05:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #85

Thank you so much for sharing a little bit of your son with us. He sounds like an incredible man; one we'd all like to be friends with.

GG, I know I can't fully understand what you are going through. I have never lost a child (I don't have any), but I did lose my father 7 years ago. I know how your heart feels, and I wish more than anything that you and your family weren't going through this. The hurt can be so overwhelming.

I'm not sure what your belief systems is, but who knows...maybe your son is giving God (and my father) one hell of a concert up in Heaven!

(((HUGS))) to you and your family.

pooh_girl

Gg
Old 12-16-2009, 05:58 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #86

I'm glad your family is with you and you have your virtual PT family here.

Corby sounds like an incredible person. I always think of close people I lost as angels in the sky, just looking out for me from above.

Enjoy the comfort of your daughter and mother.

I will continue to keep you all in my prayers!

canmason

Old 12-16-2009, 06:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #87

Oh, gg, what an amazing mother you are, to take time out during your grieving to update us. Thank you for sharing precious Corby with us. After reading your post yesterday, it made me so sad. I stopped and said a prayer for Corby and you and for the so many others grieving for their children. I prayed for your comfort and peace. Your story made me stop and count my blessings. I am so sorry you are having to endure this. Please know we all are so truly concerned for you. Love and peace, gg.

readerabbit

Grace
Old 12-16-2009, 06:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #88

May God give you the grace and strength that only HE can give,
Thank you for sharing your son's life with us. He has a special mom.

teachfla

gg
Old 12-16-2009, 06:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #89

I thought about you a lot today and am glad you have found some comfort in your daughter's and mother's companionship and memories of better times. It is wonderful that your school family is helping out during such a difficult time. Take time to grieve and rest. My thoughts will stay with you and your family.

TravelingGal

I am so sorry.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #90

Dear gg,
I am so sorry to hear of your son's death. I just want to wrap my arms around you. I can not imagine what you are going through. I am praying that God embrace you and give you peace. I am so sad for you and your loved ones. God be with you.

playpower

gg
Old 12-16-2009, 06:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #91

What a beautiful update you so thoughtfully shared with all of us. I am so glad that your mother and daughter are with you. You continue to be in my thoughts: You, and a new angel in Heaven called Corby...

MrsJ

Thank you for letting me know Corby
Old 12-16-2009, 06:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #92

How amazing of you to be able to make me feel like I knew your Corby. I will keep him, and you and your family, in my prayers. I will pray for your strength as you struggle to fight your way through your grief. Stay close to your family and friends, and please, when you are ready, find support from others who have lost a child. We are here if you need us. Peace.

mohawk

Peace
Old 12-16-2009, 06:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #93

I wish that for you. {{{{{{hugs}}}}}}} Stay strong and take it 1 hour and 1 day at a time.

math man

I know words can't really say...
Old 12-16-2009, 06:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #94

how I have felt after reading your op. It has been on my mind and in my prayers most of the time. I hope being with friends and family comforts you during this time.

NoMorePencils

Old 12-16-2009, 06:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #95

gg, your son sounded like a wonderful person. Thank you for letting us learn about him. I thought of you often today and will continue to keep you, your daughter and mother in my thoughts.

kestchr3

thanks, gg
Old 12-16-2009, 06:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #96

I don't know how you have managed to respond. I have thought of you so often. Thanks for letting all of us know more about your son--his interests and the kind of man he was. I will continue to remember you in my prayers. May you and your family find peace. PT will always be here for you. It is great that your teacher buddies and administration are also taking care of you. God bless all of you.

luv2cook

Gg
Old 12-16-2009, 06:46 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #97

Oh Gg. I wasn't on yesterday and didn't know until a few minutes ago. I'm so, so sorry for your profound loss. I cannot imagine what you must be going through at the loss of your wonderful, beloved son, Corby. Please know that my heart and prayers go out to you and your family. Please take care of yourself and know that you are in the company of many who truly care about you. God bless you and grant you peace in this troubling time.

SwimmerGirl

Old 12-16-2009, 06:58 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #98

I cried and read, cried and read, too. I have been thinking about you all day and am pleased to hear about your son. I'm glad you have some family around and I hope that together you can all cope with the sadness.

Sending you peaceful wishes.

sevenplus

Old 12-16-2009, 07:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #99

Thank you for sharing about Corby with us. I am so, so sorry you have experienced this profound loss. Take your time to walk through the grief. You will find strength you never knew you had.

tammynj

Corby
Old 12-16-2009, 07:04 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #100

GG, as you can see, we've all been thinking of you so much. I cannot imagine your heartache, but I am glad you took the time to tell us about your wonderful son, Corby. I'm also glad that your family is with you at this time. I told my mom about you last night, b/c I knew she would pray for you and keep you in her heart, as one grieving mother to another (we lost my 30 year old brother 8 years ago).

Your bond with Corby was, and is, special. That will never go away.

Rest in peace, Corby.
MrsDriver

MrsDriver

Gg
Old 12-16-2009, 07:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #101

I just wanted to give you my sincerest condolenses (sp?). I have been off PT for a few days and just read what happened. I can not even imagine what you are going through. I am keeping you and your family in my thoughts.

Moana Mel

Old 12-16-2009, 07:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #102

My heart has been hurting for you since I read the news yesterday, so I'm glad to read this update and to learn about your son Corby. How strong you are! I'm glad you have support from family and colleagues, and I hope that we PT posters are able to add to that support and comfort from afar. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Wishing you peace.

lakergirl

Sympathy
Old 12-16-2009, 07:37 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #103

gg, I am so sorry for your loss. I have prayed that God's grace and peace, the peace that passes understanding, will surround you. When the reality of your loss and pain feels overwhelming, my prayer has been and will be that you will feel God's arms supporting you and his love wrapping you in a blanket.
Hugs and prayers. . .

steach

Thinking of you
Old 12-16-2009, 07:39 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #104

Hang in there gg - you are not alone. I am so very sorry. I do know how you feel. I've been there. I know it is impossible to believe right now, but the pain will lessen with time. Corby will be in your heart forever. Your love for him comes through in every line of your post.

QW

Old 12-16-2009, 07:42 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #105

Your strength is amazing and your Corby was amazing, too. Words just can't express how we all feel for your loss. God bless you and your family.

newatprek

gg...
Old 12-16-2009, 07:44 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #106

It sounds like Corby was a great person. Much love and many prayers to you and your family. Your post made me tear up and think of my own family. I just have young children but they are both so precious to me. I don't know what I would do if I lost one of them.

My thoughts continue to be with you. Stay strong...

dutchgirl

Old 12-16-2009, 08:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #107

Thank you for sharing your heart with us. As a teacher, we all know how much children learn from their parents. Hearing you describe Corby and his life tells me a lot about what a special mom you were to him and are to your daughter. He was a blessing in your life, and you can be confident that you were a blessing in his.

You will be ok. Talking about him and sharing your feelings is exactly what you need to do to get through the grief you now experience. The pain will lessen, but the scar will always be there. Always remember Corby with joy.

I hope you will accept these words in love. May God continue to comfort you.

TchrBlr

gg
Old 12-16-2009, 08:07 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #108

I continue to pray for you and your family.

My son is 10 and I hugged him a little longer tonight because of Corby. May peace and strength be with you.

rebeccav

Old 12-16-2009, 08:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #109

I have so wanted to hear from you gg as I haven't been able to stop thinking of you and your son. Corby has been in my prayers and after reading the poem posted yesterday I knew that he was with His Father in heaven. I am so saddened and can't imagine. I am glad that you have your mom, daughter and friends around you. Know that your PT family is also here for you today, tomorrow and in the times to come. God Bless You gg.
rebeccav

BioAdoptMom3

Old 12-16-2009, 08:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #110

Thank you for sharing with us about your wonderful and beloved son! I got tears in my eyes just reading it. He sounds like such a special person. I am glad to hear you have such awesome support. Your school family sounds wonderful. Please know that we continue to be here for you and my prayers continue to be with you and your family. Post all you want and cry with us all you want. That's what friends are for!

Nancy

eliza4one

Old 12-16-2009, 08:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #111

Thank you for sharing. Bless you and your family during this difficult time. You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

skmusicgirl

Old 12-16-2009, 08:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #112

I didn't reply last time, but please know you are in my thoughts and prayers. It's good to hear your mother and daughter (and friends who brought your daughter home) are with you now.
Thank you for sharing some of Corby's story. He sounds like an amazing man that will be missed by those who knew him.
Continue to find avenues of support through this... here and in the 'real world.'

mysharona01

Like so many
Old 12-16-2009, 08:37 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #113

others I too thought of you and your loss throughout the day! Thank you for letting us know what a wonderful person Corby was. I am glad that your daughter and mom are with you. I have an 18 year old son, I can not even imagine loosing him to such a tragedy. I think as moms we always have a fear of loosing our children. My heart aches for you! One thing that I have learned in my life is that "time will heal". Take good care of yourself and may God continue to bless you and your family. "Hugs"

Sharon

bonnybelle

God Rest Corby
Old 12-16-2009, 08:44 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #114

Glad that you shared about your beautiful son. Life is so short and we are all so vulnerable. His time here has been curtailed, but I sounds like he contributed to our society and enjoyed his life. Your love it a tribute to him.

yogi

Old 12-16-2009, 09:56 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #115

What you wrote was so beautiful. Thanks for allowing us to know about your son. I hope that soon happy memories will surround you like a blanket and keep you warm. I am thinking of you.

Kteach2

Old 12-16-2009, 11:05 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #116

I just read your post today and had responded to your earlier post. Your son sounds like he was an amazing man. I'm glad that the PT community has offered you some comfort. You are in many people's thoughts and prayers.

Tchn4fun

Old 12-16-2009, 11:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #117

You and your family have been in my thoughts all day. We recently lost a student from our school in an accident and we posted this poem in our school newsletter. I hope it lightens your sorrow.

This poem was written by a 13 year old boy who died of a brain tumor that he had battled for four years. He died on December 14, 1997. He gave this to his mom before he died. His name was Ben.

My First Christmas in Heaven

I see the countless Christmas trees
around the world below
With tiny lights, like Heaven's stars,
reflecting on the snow.

The sight is so spectacular,
please wipe away the tear
For I am spending Christmas with
Jesus Christ this year.

I hear the many Christmas songs
that people hold so dear
But the sounds of music can't compare
with the Christmas choir up here.

I have no words to tell you,
the joy their voices bring,
For it is beyond description,
to hear the angels sing.

I know how much you miss me,
I see the pain inside your heart.
But I am not so far away,
We really aren't apart.

So be happy for me, dear ones,
You know I hold you dear.
And be glad I'm spending Christmas
with Jesus Christ this year.

I sent you each a special gift,
from my heavenly home above.
I sent you each a memory
of my undying love.

After all, love is a gift more precious
than pure gold.
it was always most important
in the stories Jesus told.

Please love and keep each other,
as my Father said to do.
for I can't count the blessing or love
He has for each of you.

So have a Merry Christmas and
Wipe away that tear
Remember, I am spending Christmas with
Jesus Christ this year.

mu89

With support
Old 12-17-2009, 03:25 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #118

What a beautiful tribute written by a loving mom . . . thank you for sharing. You and your family continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. (((HUG)))

DodgersGirl

Gg
Old 12-17-2009, 10:40 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #119

I've been thinking about you. Your post left me in tears. Thank you for sharing and I hope you continue to receive support from those close to you.

flamom

Old 12-17-2009, 02:00 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #120

Thank you for sharing about your wonderful son, he will forever be in your heart.

hot4teachr

Old 12-17-2009, 03:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #121

God bless you, your son, and your family. I can't imagine the pain you must be feeling. Your dear son sounds like an amazing man. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

cool2read

thank you gg
Old 12-17-2009, 06:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #122

for posting and thanks pt friends for posting the link so I could read.
I believe that your son knew that he was the luckiest man on earth to have such a wonderful mother. It is so clear from reading your post that you both had a special bond. Cherish it. God Bless you.

Brooke S.

prayers
Old 12-17-2009, 06:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #123

I'm continueing to pray for you. Thank you for sharing about your son. He sounds like a great man. You have much to be proud of when you think of him. I'm glad you have family close to you now to be with you the next few days. Just know your proteacher friends are here for you when you need us.

MissO

Old 12-17-2009, 08:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #124

GG,

I just logged on and saw your posts. How terribly sad. My heart goes out to you and your family at this time.

((((((((hugs)))))))) and prayers.

MissO

funteacher7

Old 12-17-2009, 08:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #125

gg- Thank you for sharing about your son. I continue to pray that God brings you peace and comfort.

GoTeachers

Dear gg
Old 12-18-2009, 05:07 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #126

Thanks for posting about your wonderful son Corby. It makes me tear up and I can feel your pain through your posting. Prior to seeing this post I had posted on your original one. You and your family will continue to be in my thoughts. You are a strong woman. Please continue to post as I'm sure it will help you in the healing process to continue talking about him. He sounds like a wonderful man and I know that you are proud. We are here for you gg.

Rachell2000

I also lost my son unexpectedly...
Old 12-18-2009, 05:00 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #127

I lost my youngest son 10 years ago. It takes a long time for the heart ache to become bareable. I finally went on Celexia after a few months and that helped me to get a handle on my emotions.

As a Christian I know that I will someday see my son again. I asked my minister if those in heaven know what is going on here on earth and based on several scriptures he told me that he believed that they did. I ask God to let my son know all the thoughts that come to mind that I would like to say to him if he were here. I believe God shares those thoughts and that helps me too.

You are in my prayers.

teachnmomma

gg
Old 12-18-2009, 05:07 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #128

My heart really does ache for you and your entire family. I am so glad your daughter is able to be with you right now. I think having him at sea is a wonderful idea. I hope you don't torture yourself with the "what if" game. So many things are out of our control. I hope you are able to keep your friends and family around you for support, and we at PT are always here for you too!

trexteach

Old 12-20-2009, 10:44 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #129

gg- I'm very sorry for the loss of your son. I can only imagine how heart-wrenching this must be for you. I did not see your original post about your loss, so I wanted to tell you now that I'm praying that God continue to help you heal and be strong. May God bless and comfort you and your family.

sky22

thoughts
Old 12-21-2009, 03:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #130

You have been in my thoughts and prayers. Your post has made me think about treasuring the moments I have with my sons even more. I'm so glad your community and school are taking care of you. Your son sounds like he was a wonderful, giving, and fun loving person. Cherish your memories of him. My heart aches for you.

ColoradoTeach

praying
Old 12-21-2009, 03:47 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #131

You and your family are in my prayers.

Rt2learn

You are
Old 12-21-2009, 03:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #132

such a strong person! I can't imagine what you're goin through. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. (((hugs)))

kinderteachnc

gg
Old 12-21-2009, 04:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #133

I haven't been on PT for a few days and I missed your first post about your son and now am reading this one. I am so sorry for your loss. I can only imagine how you feel. I would be numb too. Your son sounds like a wonderful person. I hope you will find some peace with this and know you have many people thinking of you now.