Help

TEACHERS' LOUNGE ARCHIVE

new addiction

>

cbgreente2001

new addiction
Old 01-02-2010, 12:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I got my daughter a Keurig coffe maker for Christmas. I don't usually drink coffee,but I love, love, love this thing. The Gloria Jean Butter Toffee Coffee is so yummy. Now for the addiction, I think I may have to have a cup or two of this stuff daily.How much makes it an addiction?

Mzip

Old 01-02-2010, 12:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I'm totally addicted to coffee! It's worse when I'm home, but sometimes if I've had a rough day, all I need is a nice hot cup of coffee with french vanilla creamer and it feels like all the stress is smoothed away. Mmmmmm!

bobcat

another addict!
Old 01-02-2010, 12:34 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I love the Butter Toffee, too! Today, while shopping at Bed, Bath and Beyond, I found them for $9.00. I got the Butter Toffee and the Cafe Mocha. I honestly could not wait to get home and have coffee! If you like cocoa, try the Cafe Mocha. It is like coffee with cocoa in it. You don't even need any creamer. Come to think of it, I think I'll go and make myself another cup!!

cutecat

Old 01-02-2010, 12:40 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I love my Keurig coffee maker too but I blame my coffee addition on this kitchen gadget. Your 1 to 2 cups a day seems tame to my 4 !!!!!! I have two cups of Jet Fuel (K-cup coffee I order on Amazon.....a really bold, STRONG cup of coffee) in the morning and then a cup of Gloria Jean Hazelnut in the afternoon. The coffee in restaurants does not taste as good as my Keurig coffee!!!!

Mrs. R :)

Keruig Addicts Unite!
Old 01-02-2010, 02:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I received one also and I LOVE IT!!! I am resisting having another cup RIGHT NOW! I love that I can get all these awesome flavors and in about 2 minutes... ta-da! Hot yummy coffee.

RockinOutMath

We got a Keurig for Christmas too
Old 01-02-2010, 02:54 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I just ordered my two free boxes yesterday and can't wait until they come. I had to pay for two and then got two free. Unfortunately I don't like to do too much caffeine, so I have to do decaff and I chose a yummy hazelnut decaf I can't wait to try. Plus a pomegranate green tea for me. Dh likes bold/dark coffees so I ordered him Emeril's and something from Green Mountain.

Whoever posted about the cafe mocha that sounds good.

funkster

Old 01-02-2010, 02:58 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Okay I love coffee, but I guess I am the single, solitary person on the face of the earth that isn't impressed with the coffee from the Keurig. I have a "grind and brew" kind of coffeepot at home and am used to freshly ground coffee. The Keuig that I have at school just doesn't taste the same which is fine, but everyday or so I empty the trash bin of the used Kcups and just kind of freak out at he amount of waste-plastic, paper etc. that is being put in the land fill. I guess I will invest in the little reusable cup, but it will be only a chip in the mountain. Is anyone else unhappy with the amount of trash that accumulates because of this type of pot?

Mzip

Funkster...
Old 01-02-2010, 03:04 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I don't have a Keurig either....But, I don't mind brewing a whole pot! More for me to drink!!!

Keurig does acutally make a reusable cup for people who want to use their own coffee.

Mrs. R :)

Also...
Old 01-02-2010, 04:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

they are trying to find a way to reduce the amount of plastic they use. I went on their website b/c the waste was a concern of mine. I think once I return to school the amount I actually use will decrease. I did buy the reusable filter (15 dollars!) and I am excited to give it a try.

Kathcha

I cannot find one
Old 01-02-2010, 04:40 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

I would like to find one but anything at a good price has sold out. Kohl's had them, too expensive. My next place to look is Bed, Bath & Beyond. The reason I'd like to get one is we are always on the run aound here and I like the idea of making it to run out the door and the other reason is that some of us drink caffeine and some drink decaf. However, I have also thought about how much I'd end up spending on all those little cups, everyone I know that has one says how addictive they are. I will probably try to get a reusable filter to cut on the expense of buying coffee but all those different flavors sound so tempting!

I want to try it because everyone raves about them but we also have one at school and I've never been impressed with how watery the coffee tastes. Maybe they are buying the wrong stuff because friends say if anything, the coffee tends to be on the strong side.

summertime

Old 01-02-2010, 04:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

Love my Keurig coffee maker. Must try the butter toffee!!! Bed and Bath has the cups for 9.99 then 20 % off coupon now 7.99. I bought some half caf that was really good!!!