Help

BusyBoard

Gradebook?

>

pvtflukd

Gradebook?
Old 07-19-2013, 06:38 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

You were all so helpful in the planbook threads, I'm hoping you have great gradebook ideas as well!
I work at a small private school in 2nd grade and am interested in how you keep/record your grades. I currently keep a paper gradebook and transfer the grades into an Excel spreadsheet file on my laptop. Are there any better ideas out there? This works fine, but seems clumsy because at report card time I then have to manually put the grades into a Word document report card. (Although, hubby can probably automate that for me.)
Thanks for any suggestions!

pvtflukd is offline   Reply With Quote

Queenie Peavy

Gradebook
Old 07-19-2013, 07:39 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Our district does an online gradebook and then they print out the report cards. We don't have to do any of that. I do keep a paper gradebook as well. There's just something comforting to me knowing that I have that paper copy.
Queenie Peavy is offline   Reply With Quote

prechrswife

Old 07-19-2013, 07:45 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I am also in a small private school, and last year I kept a paper gradebook, but also used Engrade. (www.engrade.com) Our report cards were done manually last year. I think our teachers this year are all going to be using Headmaster, and I believe we can do report cards through this program also.
prechrswife is offline   Reply With Quote

CheleOh

Old 07-19-2013, 09:05 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I've been very annoyed at my district's inability to come to consensus over a gradebook program that will generate report cards for elementary.

That being said, I also have used engrade.com for several years and am very happy with the ease of access for both me and parents.

Chele :-)
CheleOh is offline   Reply With Quote

boyzmom

Online Gradebook
Old 07-19-2013, 09:33 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I have used the one pp talked about, but I have also used Jupitergrades. I really like it. I think it is more user friendly for parents. I use it for general notes, but I also keep a paper record that is strictly by standards. The Jupitergrades give general overall grades in subjects, but my paper records are what I use for report cards.

boyzmom is offline   Reply With Quote

crazy4catz

Grades
Old 07-19-2013, 10:17 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Our district uses Power Schools. I have used online grading for years. We used to have Grade Pro. I still keep a regular grade book and transfer grades to computer. I grade some at home plus I always have the fear of a shutdown. It is easier for me to do conferences.
crazy4catz is offline   Reply With Quote

MissESL

Grade book
Old 07-19-2013, 11:19 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I discovered Engrade my first year of teaching. I loved it and recommended it to anyone if the subject came up. I didn't even keep paper grades... It was fabulous. It's free, you can give parents and students access to their grades, print detailed information off at any time, post assignments, comment or have discussions about assignments, even comment directly on an assignment for a particular student.

This upcoming year, though, everyone must do online grades by each Friday at 8 a.m. on the interface the school uses. It is ridiculously complicated and difficult to use, so I'm not too excited about it.
MissESL is offline   Reply With Quote

pvtflukd

Old 07-21-2013, 05:03 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

Thanks so much! I'm checking out engrade now. It looks like exactly what I had in mind.
pvtflukd is offline   Reply With Quote