Help

Primary Grades (K-2)

planners

>

rachelmpd

planners
Old 08-25-2013, 07:05 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Does anyone use student planners for 2nd grade or younger? I used to use them in 3rd. For 2nd the last couple of times, I printed a homework sheet for them to write down part of their homework every night. I give nightly homework. I am looking at the SchoolMate planners for Primary, but have concerns that the lines will be big enough for them. I am tired of printing the sheet, running it, and collecting it each week. This is the planner I am looking at.

http://www.schoolmate.com/student-pl...es/?planner=pr

rachelmpd is offline   Reply With Quote

readerleader

planner
Old 08-26-2013, 01:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

We use the same planner school-wide. They purchase at school for $5.00. I write in my planner and project it with my doc camera. They copy homework, reminders, etc. each morning. We also record their behavior each afternoon. That is part of our school-wide behavior plan. The parents sign the planner each night (or I should say are supposed to.) The kids are easier to train than the parents!
readerleader is offline   Reply With Quote

pvtflukd

planner here
Old 08-26-2013, 05:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Our school starts using planners in 2nd grade. The families are required to purchase it from school, $5. I believe 2nd & 3rd use the same one. I don't particularly like the one we use because the lines are not big enough. (I do like the one you linked, however.) I will try writing/projecting it this year and see if it helps.
pvtflukd is offline   Reply With Quote

rachelmpd

Thanks
Old 08-26-2013, 08:39 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I do write the homework on a master sheet and project it using the Docucam. Our school almost all uses the elementary version 3rd-6th. K-2 mostly do homework packets with a cover sheet. I hate packets. They rush through it and a lot of them do everything at once. I want them to review daily if possible.

Thanks for the input.
rachelmpd is offline   Reply With Quote

Frogncricket

planners
Old 08-31-2013, 06:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I just love the planner link you posted. Thank you. Starting in 4th the school uses planners ($8). I was new to the school last year and new to grade 3. For the first part of the quarter I didn't use anything but then realized I needed "something" for the students to write on to remember late homework, to study for a test, etc. So I created a one page homework agenda for the kids to use. I am using this again so they will be trained for 4th grade.

I also added a calendar where I put major events on their calendar (fieldtrips, holidays--no school, minimum days, etc) but am having the kids write down tests and project due dates. I have this information in my Friday newsletter to the parents anyways but this way the students are learning to be responsible with knowing when a test is coming up the next week.

Frogncricket is offline   Reply With Quote

Stretch9382

planners
Old 09-02-2013, 05:39 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

My school required students in 3rd grade and up to purchase a planner to record homework assignments. I asked my principal if my 2nd graders could use a planner and we tried it out last year. It worked out great!! I used to type up a homework sheet with assignments for the entire week. It took a lot of time. Now, just writing the homework on the board and giving my students time to write it all in their planners at the end of the day is much better. I just quickly go around and check that they wrote the correct page numbers.
Stretch9382 is offline   Reply With Quote