User Name forgot?
Password

Readin' + Writin' + 'Rithmetic + So Much More

Putting Things into Perspective

>

J.Elaine

Putting Things into Perspective
Old 07-28-2007, 08:34 PM

Just minutes ago, I wrote my last blog entitled, "Life Goes On," and I am wishing I could take it all back right now. Immediately after posting my blog, I went to a blog on a friend's page -- JKB's page. Her husband passed away yesterday, and she had to make arrangements for the funeral today. My first emotion was shock and then my heart broke for her.

I couldn't help but think about the meaningless ramblings I'd just written in my blog while she was experiencing so much pain. I couldn't believe I'd written all about the meager changes in my life that I thought would be so difficult to deal with in the upcoming school year. Putting things into perspective, I can see how shallow my mindless babbling had been. I couldn't believe it when I thought about how I'd so casually named my blog, "Life Goes On." I guess I was thinking that even though things change, life goes on, but after reading JKB's post, I was horrified I'd chosen that title.

Yes, life will go on. My heart goes out to JKB and I will pray for her as she tries to figure out how to make life go on for herself and her family. My son died in a hunting accident, and I remember thinking I didn't really care so much if life went on. But it did. I remember thinking about how unfair it seemed that people kept right on living while we prepared to bury our son. And then they kept on living as I tried to figure out how to live without him. But life kept on going whether I was ready or not.

Putting things into perspective, I am sorry that I spent my time complaining about tiny little changes in my life when JKB (and who even knows how many other people) are preparing to live through serious situations that will change their lives forever.

Don't forget to pray for JKB.

Later . . .
J.Elaine is offline   Reply With Quote
JKB

Please don't be sorry....
Old 07-28-2007, 11:19 PM

Dear J.Elaine.....please don't be sorry about writing your entry "Life Goes On". You were not going through "meaningless ramblings"! You were reflecting some of the experiences that you have endured and that was, by no means, shallow! I believe such reflections are essential, no matter how intense the challenges we face seem to be.

I read through both your recent blogs....and you have helped me come to realize something. It is through each of the challenges of life that we learn how to gather strength and courage when we are forced to face the challenges that have an intense magnitude.

My father passed away 25 years ago.....but I have always clung to his words when he said "You can't be afraid to live." I am clinging to these words even more right now. I hurt inside and out, but I know that I must go through what the days ahead have in store for me. I have always believed that "If God will take you to it, HE will get you through it"......and I am depending on that right now.

Thank you for your words of encouragement, warm thoughts, and prayers, my friend. You have touched my heart deeply.

Sincerely,
JKB
JKB is offline   Reply With Quote
J.Elaine

The Dance
Old 07-29-2007, 12:06 PM

JKB,

One song played at my son's funeral was called "The Dance." It pretty much reflects what your father said about not being afraid to live. The song says, "I could have missed the pain, but I would have missed the dance." It's the dance -- the good times -- that we have to hold close to our hearts. I know it won't be easy, but I too believe that God will sustain you as you work your way through the living that lies ahead for you.

With sincere best wishes,
Elaine
J.Elaine is offline   Reply With Quote
JKB

J. Elaine..........where are you?
Old 02-18-2008, 11:10 AM

I've been thinking about you and hoping to hear from you. I wrote a couple of PMs, but not sure if you received them. I hope all is well.

JKB
JKB is offline   Reply With Quote

>
Readin' + Writin' + 'Rithmetic + So Much More