Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Has anyone been to Branson lately?

>

linda2671

Has anyone been to Branson lately?
Old 07-16-2015, 09:50 AM

We were there for a couple of days this week. We went to see the play "Jonah" at the Sight and Sound Theater. It was really good. The Sight and Sound Theater is huge, and the place was almost filled to capacity. We were up in the nosebleed section. I thought that would make it less enjoyable, but it didn't. They use a normal set, but there's also a digital screen behind which is used for some technologically ingenious backgrounds. In addition, the characters walk up and down the aisles at times, and there is one part where the whole theater is a part of the set. If you get a chance to see it, go! It's kind of pricey ($43 a person), but it's really good.

linda2671 is offline   Reply With Quote

CMOORE

Branson
Old 07-16-2015, 09:59 AM

I just came back from Branson yesterday. We went to the Dixie Stampede. It is kind of pricey also ($56 a person) but it includes dinner (small whole chicken, slice of BBQ pork loin, corn on the cob, half a baked potato, cheesy biscuit, creamy vegetable soup, and an apple turn over). They do not provide utensils for your dinner; it is all finger food. You sip the soup from the bowl.
We also rode the Ducks. This was the first time riding them during the summer. The Ducks went up a private mountain and then out into the water (Lake Taneycomo).
On our way home, we stopped at Branson Zipline & Canopy Tour. When I booked our zip line tour, I thought it was the lowest line but I was wrong! We were 150' up and zipped to a tower that is 100' up. The only way to get down this tower was to do a free fall.
We had a great time!
CMOORE is offline   Reply With Quote

linda2671

I love Dixie Stampede.
Old 07-16-2015, 10:08 AM

We had gone to Dixie Stampede a few years ago, and I loved it. I wanted to go again on this trip, but it was a short trip and DH really wanted to see Jonah. I was glad we did.
When we went to Dixie Stampede, we sat right on the front row. You had to be a little bit careful to keep sawdust from being kicked into your food as the horses ran by. But I loved the program, and I thought the food was very good.
We used to live about 30 miles from Branson. The second graders at our school used to ride the Ducks for a field trip every year. They loved it. I've never done it before.
linda2671 is offline   Reply With Quote

marguerite2

Old 07-16-2015, 02:25 PM

Jonah is excellent. We saw it in Pennsylvania at their other theater. In fact all the Sight & Sound productions are excellent. Their Christmas Story production is the best I have ever seen.

Dixie Stampede. They don't put out utensils, but if you ask nicely they will give you some. People next to us asked for them, so my husband requested them for us also.

Last time we were in Branson it was when Silver Dollar City was changing their shows. We got two day tickets for the price of one day. We went the first day and the last day of our time in Branson. We got to see two days of different very good shows.

Now I want to go back.
marguerite2 is online now   Reply With Quote

jcole25857

Loved Jonah too!
Old 07-16-2015, 05:33 PM

We went over spring break. We had aisle seats down below for Jonah. My favorite part really was when the whale came out, and it felt like you were in the ocean. The Dixie Stampede is a favorite of ours too. Since we hadn't been on a vacation in several years we saw it, also. We love getting a condo and just relaxing and planning for a few shows. Since we have had such an awful summer,(writing this from the local children's hospital now) we are making plans to head down there several weekends this fall.

jcole25857 is offline   Reply With Quote

PPCDTeacher

Jonah
Old 07-16-2015, 07:43 PM

We went two weeks ago. jonah was VERY impressive. You can tell that a ton of hard work and time went into it.
PPCDTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote