Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

My recent books

>

Teacherbee_4

My recent books
Old 07-08-2020, 06:21 AM

I know someone posted last week the "It's July, What's everyone reading" thread. I was busy and not able to post, but I'll post now. I'm starting a new thread because I doubt anyone would see my response on that thread now!

Anyway, I have recently read several GREAT books. Big Little Lies and Ask Again Yes I absolutely LOVED and could not put down. I also read "Second Chance Summer" which is more of a teen romance. It started kind of cheesy for me, but in the end, I couldn't put it down and even cried. I thought it was well written. I also read "Nothing to See Here" which I thought was HILARIOUS, but I wasn't totally into the fantasy (children starting on fire) part of the plot). Yesterday, I read "Because of Mr. Terupt". I've been meaning to read it for years, as I have students who just love those books and I wanted to see what it was all about. However, it was always checked out at the library. I finally was able to get it. I LOVED it and couldn't put it down. I hope to read the other books in the series, too.

Today I'll start a new book. I have a bag full from our library curbside pick up. I'm not sure which one I'll start, but I'm thinking "Night Road" by Kristen Hannah. I read Firefly Lane by her when it first came out and loved it, but I haven't read anything else by her.

Teacherbee_4 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJ Teacher

Books
Old 07-08-2020, 06:39 AM

I recently read The Numbers Game by Danielle Steel. I was looking for a light read. It was okay,not one of her best. It was about a couple who married because it was the right thing to do when she became pregnant, and also about the people their decision affected down the road.

I am reading Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate. That book is a deeper read so far, inspired by the kidnapping an re-homing of children from an orphanage in Memphis.

Over the summer, I have also enjoyed the latest books by Mary Kay Andrews (Hello, Summer) and Mary Alice Monroe (On Ocean Boulevard). They are part of a Friends and Fiction group on Facebook that I joined, and also learned of three other authors: Patti Callahan Henry, Kristin Harmel and Kristy Woodson Harvey. Patti Callahan Henry's book The Bookshop at Water's End is my favorite read of the summer so far.
NJ Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

prechrswife

Old 07-08-2020, 07:33 AM

I finally got around to reading the last 2 Kinsey Millhone books by Sue Grafton. It took me a long time to get into "X", but I liked it once I finally did. I found "Y is for Yesterday" to be a quick read. I enjoyed it. I hate that she passed away before she was able to write the Z book and finish the series.
prechrswife is offline   Reply With Quote

JanetL

prechrswife
Old 07-08-2020, 08:24 AM

I love Sue Grafton's books also. I was so sad when she crossed over.
JanetL is online now   Reply With Quote

Candiqueen

Old 07-08-2020, 02:28 PM

I just finished How the Penguins Saved Veronica. It is the June book for Once Upon a Book Club. It’s a book I never would’ve picked for myself. Have to say I really enjoyed most of it. It was also fun to open little surprises that went along with the story on certain pages along the way.

I’m now starting The Last House Guest. This one was in Reese Witherspoons book club list.

Candiqueen is offline   Reply With Quote

MightyTeach

Old 07-08-2020, 02:37 PM

I just finished “The Guest List” by Lucy Foley. I also read “When You See Me” - Lisa Gardner and JoJo Moyes’ “The Giver of the Stars”. All very different, but really good!
MightyTeach is offline   Reply With Quote