Help

BusyBoard

Face to face, bu not really

>

daisyflower

Face to face, bu not really
Old 08-13-2020, 04:54 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

We are having students return next week. Face coverings for all required. I’m scared. I have health issues and I know a couple of my students do as well, that make face covering a challenge. I honestly can’t get my head around how to teach with face coverings and keeping everyone six feet apart. I am scared and I’m seriously lacking confidence. I can’t even plan. Where do I go for help?
Sorry for typo in title.

daisyflower is offline   Reply With Quote

letsgomets

I found out
Old 08-13-2020, 10:06 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

yesterday that they aren't even planning 6 feet apart at my school. Students will be only 3 feet apart. I'm done.
letsgomets is offline   Reply With Quote

klarabelle

Old 08-13-2020, 04:56 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Do you have colleagues you can speak with? If not, I personally would discuss it with a counselor, but I already see a therapist so that would not be a problem to bring up.
klarabelle is offline   Reply With Quote

aksuz

Face to face
Old 08-15-2020, 07:05 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Daisyflower I am going back face to face next week too. We have too many kids coming back to safely distance 6 ft. We donít actually know how many are officially coming for each class but predict around 25. I am scared too. I am older and I have asthma. My spouse has underling health issues. One plus for us is that the kids at my grade level (5th) are required to wear masks while in the building. The kids donít leave the classroom except for recess in a very specific distanced location and to use the restroom also very specifically time ( not sure how that will be sustainable). They are trying to keep them in tight cohorts.

Do You have teachers at school that feel the same as you? My school is half and half. Some are afraid and others just think itís no big deal. I started a text thread with a couple coworkers just to vent, support and share info. Talking with them has really helped me.

Here is what I am doing to help myself cope and feel a little bit safer
1. Personal protection Items óI am wearing high quality masks combined with a face shield. I ordered a mini mic voice amplifier You clip to my belt so the kids can hear me. I am also making pre recorded Video morning messages each evening So the kids see my face In the morning on the smart board when I talk about the days agenda.
2. I have personal hand sanitizer on me at all times both gel and spray. I have a small apron pouch to keep tools that only I touch. My school is providing a small bottle Of sanitizer for each classroom. I am counting my blessings I have a classroom sink. Apparently they plan to refill the little bottle oftenóweíll see.
3. Keeping my 2 classroom windows and 1 door open at all times. When the weather cools down I am asking kids to dress warmly as long as I can.
4. I Removed furniture I brought in personally to make room for The greatest amount of social distancing.
5. Wash my hands in my classroom sink when I enter my classroom and before I exit and any other time I feel I need to. Trying like crazy to NOT touch my face.
6. Only associating with teachers who are participating in safe virus behavior always while wear a mask at a distanceó We have gotten good at video chatting even if we are across the hall.
7. Sanitize my shield at school before I leave and put it in a drawer. Leave my lanyard in the car. When I return home I put my mask in laundry delicates bag in my garage which I plan to wash on the weekend. Change clothes wash them then take a shower.
8. Only allowing myself only 10 minutes of news a night (I have to set a timer on my phone ) if I must read it otherwise I try to fill my head with fluff just for a brief escape. I have also been exercising each morning to help clear my headó since school has started that hasnít been easy. It takes all Iíve got get on the treadmill I donít love it one bit but afterwards I feel better.
9. I practiced wearing my mask. Now I am back it school it is doable. My glasses have caused more challenges than my asthma.

Find someone to talk to. You are welcome to private message with me, we are in the same boat.
aksuz is offline   Reply With Quote