Help

ARCHIVE

End of the Year Project

>

maddiesmom

End of the Year Project
Old 05-26-2009, 08:51 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi everyone! I am looking for a project to assign my kiddos for the last two weeks of school. I am hoping for something that will really engage them and keep them busy, but a good learning experience. I would appreciate any ideas or projects you have done with your second graders before! thanks so much!

maddiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote

tammyr

ABC's of second grade
Old 05-26-2009, 02:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I do an ABC mini book with my kids over the science and social studies topics we have covered throughout the year. They have to come up with a word for each letter of the alphabet that directly corelates to something we have learned. They write ____ is for _________________ ( ex: A is for Abraham Lincoln) at the top of the page. They write 2-3 sentences about the topic at the bottom of the page and draw a picture in the middle. The pages are 1/4 the size of a regular piece of paper. I pre-draw in the writing lines for them before copying and cutting. Once they are done, they glue the pages onto an accordian folded book (3 1/2 big sheets of construction paper cut into half lengthways, taped together, and folded back and forth like an accordian). Half the alphabet fits on the front and half on the back. They look great, the kids love it, and it is so great to hear them reflect on the learning we did over the year in these subjects.
tammyr is offline   Reply With Quote

Ldonalds

Class Books
Old 05-27-2009, 11:18 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

My first year we read all of the Black Lagoon books (sometimes I read them, sometimes they read them with partners, sometimes they did reader's theater) then we wrote a class book, Ms. Donaldson from the black lagoon. Each student wrote one page of the book. We talked about what we had learned in the year about adding discriptive adjectives and powerful verbs. Each student went through the whole writing process. Three years later, it is still the most popular book in the class library. This year, after having read the Diary of a wimpy kids series, we are writing "the diary of a wimpy class"
Ldonalds is offline   Reply With Quote