Early Childhood Education (Pre-K)

Fall Leaf Exchange

>

Tracey

Tracey

Fall Leaf Exchange
Old 10-02-2005, 02:27 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello! We are getting into our fall themes and I thought it might be nice to exchange leaves with other classes around the country to see the difference.

If you are interested in doing this during the month of October, please email me at flschoolsupply@yahoo.com and we can exchange school addresses.

I did this last year and have known many others who have also done it. It's a huge hit with the kids because they get to open the package and help to bundle up our packages for shipment to our friends far away!

This is a really cool class project to use the leaves from all over.....make a class book and mount the leaves from each state that you are sharing with. Leaves from Florida, leaves from New Jersey, etc. I laminate the book, bind it and have it the rest of the year in my library center.

Anyways, hope to hear from many of you soon!

Tracey

Jennifer T.

Jennifer T.

Old 10-10-2005, 07:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

That sounds like a great idea. I would be willing to do that. Our school has been out because of hurricane Rita. We expect to be back in school soon. I think that this would be a great thing for my prek students.
Lisa

Lisa

Leaf Exchange
Old 10-11-2005, 10:57 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Tracey~
I would love to be in on the leaf exchange. I teach Kindergarten in Illinois! Let's get started. Let me know what I need to do!
Thanks!
Lisa

Phyllis

Using Wax
Old 10-11-2005, 03:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I wondered if you had considered dipping your leaves in melted wax. It keeps them from drying out and crumbling. They retain their color and appearance really well for weeks. Our leaves have not changed here in the South, but if you don't get an offer from a K or Pre-K teacher from Tennessee, I would be glad to send you some when they have changed. It has been extremely dry here, and we are not expecting a really colorful autumn.
Phyllis is offline   Reply With Quote
Laura S.

Laura S.

Leaves
Old 10-17-2005, 10:08 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

We are doing a comparitive question using leaves. My children want to know if there are more kinds of trees on our school property or in our neighborhood. We leaf hunt for kinds of trees and then our 4-6th grade buddies help us identify them.
This is for a class I am taking for graduate credit.
The children love it!
Laminating leaves also keeps them for a long time. I am not sure that I want the children using leaves dipped in wax (surely they will pick it off).

foxymama

foxymama

Old 10-18-2006, 06:47 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

wax is not a good idea. Children my eat that.
dropdeadgorg

dropdeadgorg

Old 10-18-2006, 04:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I agree wax, weird one.