Help

Early Childhood Education (Pre-K)

Student Teacher Pre-K Lesson Plans

>

Guzman1128

Student Teacher Pre-K Lesson Plans
Old 11-14-2005, 01:22 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello! I need help for my pre k class im student teaching in. The lesson i am teaching is called "Down On The Farm" if you have any ideas please post!

Guzman1128 is offline   Reply With Quote

Heart4Him

too much to mention here
Old 11-16-2005, 10:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Part of the lesson planning process is doing your own research. I suggest you do a web search first. Find a few farm books, fiction and non fiction for the grade level. Then research a few animals. Maybe arrange a field trip. Of course some hands on stuff is great. Make butter, bake bread, etc. You need a few crafts too.

I could just give you my farm unit, but part of being a teacher is building the units yourself.

have fun!
Heart4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
KTeach

KTeach

Research
Old 11-19-2005, 04:35 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

And part of the research in lesson planning is asking experienced teachers for ideas from lessons that work

Heart4Him

so how is it going?
Old 11-25-2005, 07:58 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

How are you doing? Do you have any specific things you need help with now?
Heart4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Mrs. Hoilday

Mrs. Hoilday

Old 10-18-2006, 06:21 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I beleive all future teachers need to research lessons by themselves instead of asking other teachers to do the work for them. You should go to your local library and research there. The library has tons of curriclum books and lessons. Also you can easily pull up lessons from the internet just by typing in the word farm. I am a professor so i know first jad what student teachers should be doing and it is not asking other teachers to provide them with lessons and activities for each subject area. You need to research as many topic areas as possible and start a file cabinet and you also should be developing some of your own ideas. i tell all my students, they need to be sure they are developing their own lessons when i come in to observe.

tish

Glad to help
Old 10-18-2006, 12:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

While I understand what Mrs. Holiday said, I also realize the tremendous strain that a student teacher is under. Try this site:
http://kinderkorner.com/farm.html I hope i didn't step on anyone's toes. Student teachers need our guidance in many areas and I hope I have helped.
tish is offline   Reply With Quote

Ms. Mema

WoW!! I did it myself!!
Old 03-22-2009, 11:56 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

What a reward when we do our own searching. Yes, we all need help looking for different ideas where to look and where to get it. But WOW!! that is a lot of work. But when you have found what you were looking for it gives you that gratifation that you did it all on your own and no one else gets the credit. And when you implement in your classroom and it works..WoW..and WoW!! You feel great!!! Have fun and pace yourself because once you get started surfing on line..man oh..man...I can stay on line 4 or more hours at one sitting. But I guess my family has to eat at some point...
Ms. Mema is offline   Reply With Quote
randomchick

randomchick

Old 05-03-2009, 05:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

you guys that dont want to help stink! its hard being a new teacher and the more help u give the better. i cant believe teachers on this wont even give help and just say do it yourself. thats pathetic. glad i dont work with u guys.

cath

Old 09-09-2010, 10:44 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

Wow!!! Interesting points of view here!
cath is offline   Reply With Quote