Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Technology + DH = Frustration

>

eagles23

Technology + DH = Frustration
Old 07-28-2018, 06:50 PM

Arghhhhh!!!!! We bought a home security camera after we had late night visitors this week and are trying to install it. I may have been reduced to tears at one point and now I am just letting him handle it. Stupid thing worked fine when we were sitting in the living room and then we took it outside and it kept giving us the same directions to reset it, but it never would. I have a very low technology frustration threshold anyway and then when you add in DH being snippy, I just can't handle it. I wanted to put it up high so it would give a view of the entire front of the house. He thought it should go in the carport. Ok, but the only thing you can see is the carport and it is low enough that anyone could just knock it down or steal it. It will serve him right if someone does steal it!! Doesn't matter because it doesn't work anyway.

(Of course, customer service is closed and DH is leaving town for the week tomorrow. Ugh!!)

eagles23 is offline   Reply With Quote

twin2

Old 07-28-2018, 08:04 PM

You need to find a 25 year old to install that thing for you...

I agree the camera should be up high so that it is less likely to be taken or damaged.
twin2 is offline   Reply With Quote

kahluablast

Old 07-28-2018, 08:27 PM

They have a limited range for catching movement, so you want to consider that. We put one on the side of our porch so we can see the porch, driveway, and the front of the garage. But the camera only turns on when there is movement on the porch. I donít want to tell my dh that tidbit...
kahluablast is offline   Reply With Quote

canteach

Hang in there!
Old 07-29-2018, 07:44 AM

New tech installation and use can be a nightmare. I have thought about installing one, but we haven't for the reasons you mention. I think a trail camera would also be interesting because we are kind of rural, but same problems.
I agree about the sugggestion for a 25 year old installer. Great idea--for several reasons!
canteach is offline   Reply With Quote

eagles23

Update
Old 07-29-2018, 06:06 PM

We left the camera in place and continued to try several times from inside to get it to link with Wifi, but kept getting the offline message. About an hour I saw my phone light up and I could see in my carport. It just decided to work all of a sudden. I have this love/hate relationship with technology!

eagles23 is offline   Reply With Quote