Help

The VENT

Offended by everything

>

NewCAteacher

Offended by everything
Old 11-13-2019, 01:22 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Lately I feel like our top of the chain SPED administrators are offended by absolutely everything we say. When students are struggling big time and we express concerns we are demonized and treated like we’ve said something horribly offensive. They are constantly playing favorites and you automatically go on the sh*t list for advocating for a student who needs help. You are labeled a “complainer” and “negative.”

I’m tired of it.

NewCAteacher is online now   Reply With Quote

Emily26

Emily26

I've noticed this...
Old 11-17-2019, 08:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

and a lot more this year than ever before. A sort of "if you don't tell me about it, it's not a problem I have to solve."

Me: The 6th grade students are pushing each other on the staircases and their teacher isn't doing anything about it. (this was after multiple conversations with the teacher, who didn't care)
Admin: Oh, I'm sure it's fine.
Me: Actually, I'm sure someone is going to get hurt if you don't address this issue.
Admin: Stop being so negative. Everything is fine.
Two days later: A student is pushed on the stairs, falls, and breaks her leg.

It's unreal. I'm not sure when admin stopped doing...anything. Too much paper to push? Too many meetings? I've never seen such a disconnect between what our students need and what is being provided.