Help

The VENT

Pounding headache

>

aly7123

Pounding headache
Old 11-13-2019, 02:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I had to go to a training this morning about TDAs (which are going to be tough for our third grade but that's another story). The training lasted until 12 and then I had my lunch until 12:30.

I swear, my class was so off the wall when I came back. I do have some chatty kids but it had to be about ten times worse this afternoon. I spent half the time yelling and I am not a yeller. It's like they forgot the rules because I wasn't there for half a day. I told them that I'd better not ever see behavior like that again and I think it might have gotten through to them but we'll see tomorrow. The sub didn't have anything bad to say except that they kept talking but I think the break in routine really threw a lot of them off.

Now I'm sitting here at home with a pounding headache. Thank god there's only two more days to go this week.

aly7123 is offline   Reply With Quote

2000Aggie

?
Old 11-13-2019, 08:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

What are TDAs?
2000Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote

aly7123

Old 11-14-2019, 04:43 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

TDAs are text dependent analysis. Basically analyzing a story at a higher level than just basic comprehension by using at least two concepts such as character and mood or theme and repetition. They just threw this at as in the middle of October and are expecting us to have our third graders write one all on their own before Thanksgiving. All of the third grade teachers agree it's going to be a mess since we have only had time to practice one with our class and the 4th, 5th, and 6th grades have been doing these since the beginning of the year and still haven't done one by themselves. Third grade doesn't even have them on the PSSAs but they're insisting we do them anyway.
aly7123 is offline   Reply With Quote