Help

ARCHIVE

thank you gifts for volunteers?

>

emgirl

thank you gifts for volunteers?
Old 06-08-2009, 06:27 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Every year I always have this problem. I always buy a little something for my parent volunteers. My ? is do I buy one for the mom who only came once? I have several parents this year 15+ who came and helped. When I was looking at my list I had 4-5 who only came once or twice the whole year. These were parents who were supposed to help 2x a month. What do I do? I should add I haven't seen these parents since X-mas time. What do you do?

emgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

NYshopgirl

Old 06-08-2009, 08:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I would do a thank-you card (maybe signed by the kids too?) for those who only came in 1-2 times. I'd do a better gift for those who came ALL the time.
NYshopgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

curiousG

Old 06-09-2009, 06:13 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I only give gifts to parents that come in frequently- which was my room-mom and that is it. I do send thank yous to the other parents. I gave my room-mom a small gift from bath and body works.
curiousG is offline   Reply With Quote

huskerfan

I agree
Old 06-09-2009, 06:32 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I agree with NY shopgirl. A card signed by the class is good for those who only showed up 1 or 2 times. This year I did a small terra cotta planter for my dependable helpers with a flower (bought in 4- or 6-packs at the grocery store) and
attached a note: You have helped my students grow and I have watched them bloom. Thank you for being a helper in my classroom.
huskerfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Miss_Teacher2

19-16
Old 06-09-2009, 07:37 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

You can also take a look to this page:

www.lasmanualidades.com

it has great ideas thou is in spanish they are so easy that you can get the idea of the craft

Miss_Teacher2 is offline   Reply With Quote

GADawgs

Old 06-09-2009, 01:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I have a class picture and put it on cardstock paper. My class signs around it and I write a special message to the parent.
GADawgs is offline   Reply With Quote

jenny4826

parent thank you
Old 06-09-2009, 04:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

i agree that a photo of the class, especially if it is signed by the students is a good enough gift. my parents usually only ever come one time, but i feel like any parent who puts in any effort deserves to be acknowledged. i always give them a thank you card with a photo of the parent and class or of the parent and child. i also post those pictures outside of the classroom because students feel good about seeing that. it's another way to thank the parent
jenny4826 is offline   Reply With Quote

imatchr2

Old 06-10-2009, 07:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I write a thank you note and include a packet of flower seeds in each card. Simple but nice.
imatchr2 is offline   Reply With Quote

LEW

Old 06-12-2009, 08:09 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I got this idea from the internet...Take a class picture and have some students in the picture holding letters that spell out "Thank You." Put the picture on cardstock, fold like a card and let all of the students sign their name around it. Inside, write a message such as...Thank you for all you did to help KA this year. I gave all of my parents and classroom assistants one at the end of the school year. I feel like anything that a parent did...getting your child to school on time, getting homework in, sending snacks for the class each month (and in some cases it was a hardship), reading a story, volunteering for a fieldtrip, etc. is worth recognition. The card is so-o-o- cute and it almost brought a male volunteer to tears this year when he recieved one in an actual store-bought picture frame.
LEW is offline   Reply With Quote

teach2read10

card
Old 06-12-2009, 09:14 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

a thank you card is all i would give to a volunteer who didn't meet his/ her commitment. they may have good resons but a gift for showing up once is too much.

teach2read10 is offline   Reply With Quote