Help

ARCHIVE

What do you think?

>

Mandi

What do you think?
Old 06-08-2009, 05:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I went for an interview today at the school where I completed my student teaching. I think the interview went well. I had 6 letters of recommendation to give him. I interview there last year but did not get a job. However, I now have some experience, one year. The principal, just like last time, told me that he knew I would do a good job and that I am a good teacher. Last time, though, he told me that he knew I would be pursuing other opportunities and not to just wait on him. This time, he told me that he knew I would be looking for other jobs and he understood but to let him know if I got another job before I hear from him. I was told when they called to schedule the interview that since there were so many applicants interviews were limited to 15 minutes. So, I am sure that he is not telling everyone to let him know if they get a job. Am I reading too much into his statement? I mean, I have never had a principal tell me to let him know if I get another job.

Mandi is offline   Reply With Quote

teach2read10

job
Old 06-08-2009, 05:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

don't stop looking everywhere.
teach2read10 is offline   Reply With Quote

ggluvbug

Old 06-08-2009, 06:42 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

It is so hard to read what people say in interviews. I have stopped trying. I would keep looking until I had a contract in hand. But it sounds like he wants to keep in touch, so make sure you do that.
ggluvbug is offline   Reply With Quote
judith gail

judith gail

keep looking
Old 06-09-2009, 03:03 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Sounds like he's looking at others, but still has you on his list. Also sounds like he wants you to help him out and call him if you take another job, so he can mark you off his list, narrowing it down.

To me, it means that he has not made a definite pick and wants to keep looking. This is a message to you to "keep looking."

I would seriously keep looking. I kept looking, even though I had a verbal offer. I didn't stop until I got a call from the personal director from the administration building of the school district and a letter in my hand. I requested this to make sure I everything was in place for my job.