Units of Study

TC institute

>

SenoritaK

TC institute
Old 01-15-2011, 11:26 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi everyone!
I recently got accepted to the coaching institute at TC for February, I am wondering has anyone ever gone? And I am also wondering, I'm from California and I'm a bit worried about the weather in NY in February, does anyone have tips on what to wear and what I should expect? I am also staying at Union seminary, has anyone stayed there before? Thanks!!

SenoritaK is offline   Reply With Quote

gravity

Info On NYC
Old 01-26-2011, 01:44 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I wanted to go! The weather has been quite cold here, I live in CT. It has snowed a lot so bring boots, long coat, gloves, hat etc. and dress warm. I have not been to that institute, but I have been to others, bring laptop and notebook post-its etc., funds to purchase books if you so choose. Have fun
gravity is offline   Reply With Quote

tch2nd

Old 02-17-2011, 02:25 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I went last year and it was wonderful...but...VERY intense!!!!! Bring a laptop if you can, I find it much easier for taking notes. If it's the same as last year you will split your time between the TC campus and a local school. Try to find someone to meet up with in your group for travel purposes...transportation (subway is recommended for most schools) can be tricky. Last year during the Institute we had a major snow storm which closed New York City schools but the Institute went on! I live in New Jersey and the weather today and tomorrow is very mild but previous to this week we have had A LOT of snow! I would suggest sweaters, a heavy coat, and gloves but maybe you will be lucky and the mild weather will continue! Living so close to NYC I have been fortunate enough to attend two Summer Institutes, a few Reunions and many Calendar days as well. A few teachers who were in my group at this year's Summer Institute stayed at Union seminary. They were very pleased with the accommodations...not fancy but very convenient! Feel free to e-mail me if you have any specific questions...sorry I didn't see your post sooner! T K K i n s @ a o l . c o m (without the spaces of course!) Have a great time in the Big Apple and ENJOY the Institute!!!! PS If you can...try to catch a Broadway play...Wicked would be my recommendation!!!
tch2nd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tileah

TC Coaching Institute
Old 10-08-2011, 11:04 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

How was the coaching institute? I'll be attending it for the first time in a couple weeks. Any recommendations? Anything I should bring? What should I expect?

Thanks!
Tileah is offline   Reply With Quote