Visual & Performing Arts

middle school art club?

>

jenuone

jenuone

middle school art club?
Old 06-12-2006, 08:04 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Does anyone have a middle school/jh art club at your school? If so, how does it run for you? What do your members do? What suggestions do you have? Any help is appreciated.

Marilyn B.

Marilyn B.

A few suggestions for you
Old 06-13-2006, 01:37 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I had about a dozen sixth-graders who were members of an art club. Although some of them were very good artists, I also included kids who just seemed interested.

Do activities for which you don't have enough time or money to do with all your students. This will make the club special for those who take part, and because you have fewer students, you can spend more time with each of them.

Some of the projects you might do include plaster carving, book arts, marbling fabric and paper, photography, and drawing with various media like ink and colored pencils. For the jr. high group, you can do more advanced projects like crayon etching or tempera wash.
jenuone

jenuone

Thank you for the input
Old 06-19-2006, 08:27 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Thank you Marilyn. Your ideas are similar to what I was thinking!
Stacee

Stacee

Art club...Constitution?
Old 10-02-2007, 05:29 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I was wondering if you have a constitution for your art club? I have started one this year because of my band and orchestra students not being able to have my class. I have been told that I need a constitution but the ones that I have been sent to look at are really long and wordy! It is for 6th, 7th and 8th grade and we meet every Friday after school. I am wondering about others. Thanks!
Stacee Dingler
Whittier Middle School
Norman, Ok