The VENT

Bully mom

>

Keltikmom

Bully mom
Old 01-23-2020, 08:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Might be a little vague here.

My DD works in a ritzy school as a full time aid. There’s a bat s**t crazy mom who is WAY too attached to her child. Has convinced child he is afraid of his own shadow. Which he is until she leaves.

She wants everything done her way, rules changed, everyone else be damned. Admin has caved into her tactics because they need enrollment. She makes everyone’s life miserable.

In 8 years she will be Angelo’s problem.

The only upside to this is the other kinder parents are catching on and may start speaking up.

Bulldozing, lawn mowing, helicopter parents do not understand the damage they are doing to their child, and to society.

Thanks....rant over.

Keltikmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sbkangas5

Old 01-23-2020, 08:54 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Quote:
Bulldozing, lawn mowing, helicopter parents do not understand the damage they are doing to their child, and to society.
This is what's so unfortunate. They have no idea how they are harming their child and affecting everyone else. It's such a disservice to everyone. Hopefully the other parents will find their voices and speak up!
Sbkangas5 is offline   Reply With Quote

70Primrose

Same
Old 01-24-2020, 07:07 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

We have several of those parents. Also our admin caves for the same reason. I can only hope that someday their kids rebel and make their lives hell like they make ours.
70Primrose is offline   Reply With Quote

RetiredKat

Ditto, 70Primrose
Old 01-24-2020, 09:17 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Very true! In those cases it always helped to remember that I only had their snowflake for 180 days, while they have them the rest of their lives. It also helps to fantasize how they will deal with the justice system when their snowflake ❄ acts like laws are for everyone else.
RetiredKat is online now   Reply With Quote

stephenPE

Old 01-24-2020, 04:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I have a story. 25 yrs ago I caught a boy stealing a softball bat during an elementary field day, I confronted him. His mom ( drove the bus to the games) wanted to fight me over it. She was nuts. He admitted to taking it. 9 years later I read his name in the paper for a criminal behavior. Yes, karma is coming soon.

stephenPE is offline   Reply With Quote

Summerwillcom

They are increasing...
Old 01-25-2020, 10:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Some parents like this call themselves "mamma bears" because it sounds cuter. Schools have allowed these types to act this way.
The 1st 3 P's I had in the same school, would have "shut them down" asap. I remember 1x a P chewing a parent out and pointing out the mother's poor parenting skills to a point that I actually started to feel sorry for the mom.

The P was a woman and she had mom nearly in tears. The P just told it as she saw it. Now everyone is afraid it seems. Our P has had teachers actually sit down w/ parents and allowed the parents to berate and dictate how the teacher should teach their snowflake. It makes me sick to see when that happens.
Summerwillcom is offline   Reply With Quote