I started watching The Irishman. Wait, what? - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

I started watching The Irishman. Wait, what?

>

Hifiman

I started watching The Irishman. Wait, what?
Old 11-28-2019, 08:26 AM

It popped up on my main page of Netflix so I started it on the treadmill. Look it's starting off great. I know I'm going to like it through to the end, but c'mon, De Niro is way too long in the tooth for that role.

This movie is reminding me of every British TV show or movie that I've watched. All three of them. There's basically only twenty actors that reappear in every show. The same for actors who can play mob roles. It's like I'm watching The Godfather, Goodfellas and the Sopranos all over again. But hey, everyone fits their part except De Niro. I don't care how much CGI smoothed over his face he still looks and moves too old for that part.

And if we're gonna suspend disbelief over his age then why not bring in other actors who might not pass for Italian to change things up a bit? What about Sofia Vergara playing the hot love interest? She's Columbian, right? Close enough!

Hifiman is offline   Reply With Quote

chipmunky

Of course..
Old 11-28-2019, 09:51 AM

Sofia is the absolute best choice.

But that isn't what I am concerned about. What in the world are you doing on a treadmill on Thanksgiving??? This is the holiday to NOT exercise and to NOT stick to any healthy routines. This is a day to over eat and lay on the couch in a coma. Have you just admitted to being a heretic right out in the open?

Now, eat some pie before dinner and lay on the couch and celebrate Thanksgiving like it should be.
But do have a wonderful day.
chipmunky is online now   Reply With Quote