not doing well
Old 08-06-2011, 08:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

anyone ever been suicidal?

luvmychildren

Thoughts
Old 08-06-2011, 08:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

No I haven't but please find someone to talk to about this. Sending big hugs and prayers to you!

Petey2000

Whoa,
Old 08-06-2011, 08:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

You are scaring me and you need to talk to someone NOW!

funandsun

thinking of you
Old 08-06-2011, 08:55 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

It sounds as if you have all the weight of the world on your shoulders. Do you have anyone you can talk to or lean on? What about others who love and depend on you, can you keep focused on them to help carry you through this difficult time? You are valuable and important but can't see it now. Please call someone or contact a crisis center. Sometimes all it takes is a listening ear to help you see the end of the tunnel. Wish I was there for you to lean on, but know you are being thought of. Please don't give up and feel free to pm me if you need to vent or share. I am thinking of you!!!

aksuz

I've been depressed
Old 08-06-2011, 09:00 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Keep in mind it is CHEMICAL!!! You need to call a someone now to help you seperate what is real and what is chemical.

These feeling are not your fault but you need to have someone help you sort them out. CALL NOW!

Tchn4fun

Old 08-06-2011, 09:04 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Suicide is the ultimate act of selfishness! It not simply ends a life, it can destroy those left behind! I know first hand.

If you feel suicidal, please get help. If you have even one person in this world that you care the least bit about, suicide shouldn't be a consideration. There are so many paths in life - you just need the courage to find the right one for you.

Call the hotline in your area.

tulip girl

I BEG you to please call someone
Old 08-06-2011, 09:05 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

friend
relative
clergy person
doctor
colleague

libragirl

Old 08-06-2011, 09:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I haven't but a close family member was. It was so hard for him to see how much we loved him and cared about him - it was a very dark time for him and those of us that loved him. Although you may feel like it would be best for everyone for you to be gone, it is not true! Know that there are people in your life that love you, care about you and would be so sad if you were to do this. Please call a crisis line or 911 for help - it will get better. You might be feeling this way because it is a chemical imbalance or that you just have too many stressful things built up. Counseling and/or medication can do miracles. Please give it a chance. Your PT family is here for you if you need us.

luv2chat

Old 08-06-2011, 09:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

You need to make a phone call - If you are in the USA
1-800-SUICIDE
1-800-784-2433

1-800-273-TALK
1-800-273-8255

If you are in Canada -
National Hotline 1-800-448-3000

I have worked with a number of suicidal people in a previous job as well as families who have lost loved ones to suicide. Please make the phone call. They can help you put things in perspective. Take care.

Tulips

Rockbottom
Old 08-06-2011, 09:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

(((((Hugs))))) and prayers to you.

Call someone.

Tulips

aksuz

Old 08-06-2011, 09:24 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

http://suicidehotlines.com/

You are not alone. They have numbers for every state if you are in the USA.

grav_def

Old 08-06-2011, 09:35 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

Yes. And getting help to deal with that was one of the hardest things I've ever done, but these days I'm glad I stuck around. You will be, too, some day. You probably don't believe me; I didn't believe anyone who said that to me, but it's true.

People have given you some great resources, but your best bet if you're really feeling unsafe tonight might just be to get someone to take you to the ER.

rlyndecker

Call someone anyone
Old 08-06-2011, 10:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

I am thinking of you and praying you will get the help you need.

teenytiny

Old 08-06-2011, 11:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #14

Please go to the ER immediately. What you are feeling is part of a disease, it is not what you really want. Please trust me.

Go right now.

GreenGables

Old 08-07-2011, 02:09 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #15

I hope you were able to find somene to help. Please know that I am praying for you. Nothing is so terrible that suicide is the answer. If you don't feel you have anyone who cares, you just haven't found them yet! You are precious to God and many others!! Please get help and don't give up! Please respond to these posts and let us know that you are ok.

javamomma

(((hugs)))
Old 08-07-2011, 04:35 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #16

(((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))) )))))))))

KCJ

Not Blowing Sunshine...
Old 08-07-2011, 05:25 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #17

But I've been there--I just didn't want to do it anymore, so it seemed easier. This is really personal, so I am making an exception talking about it. Three years ago I was in your shoes. Then I listened to the wiser and older (and younger)--got medicine, got back in my faith, and whined to everyone. It got better slowly. Fast forward and I have a new job, friends who were there for me, and a whole new perspective. Not only did I consider their loss, but I realized things can turn out for the best and it would be a shame to go through all that pain not to see it. Even if you get the impression nobody knows how you feel, you're wrong. There are still good times to be had. Talk to someone to get the sadness out. I wish you peace--and I really do know.

eliza4one

Old 08-07-2011, 05:28 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #18

I have been there, too. It is not a fun place to be, is it?

I wish you well and hope you will take the steps needed to get out of the place you are in. {{{{hugs}}}} You are in my thoughts!

Momof2G1B

Old 08-07-2011, 06:10 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #19

We've been through this with our DD a couple of times. The mental health facilities in our town have their numbers answered 24/7. PLEASE call someone. Don't wait. You are to important to not get help. If you can't get hold of a mental health facility please call the police if you don't call family or friends. They have special officers that deal with this and get you where you need to go. I will be thinking of you and praying for you.

freckleface

rockbottom
Old 08-07-2011, 07:25 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #20

you are not alone.

Reaching out to us here is a cry for help.

Call someone. Please.

mooba1

Old 08-07-2011, 08:53 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #21

(((rockbottom))) Can you see how many people care? People who have never even met you are reaching out to you on this board. You matter. We need you here. Please, keep talking to someone, and please give us an update. We care.

Suspended

janeypoo

Suspended

Old 08-07-2011, 10:40 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #22

I have been there as a teenager. I attempted suicide twice but absolutely nothing happened to me(pills.) My time here was not done. I was put on medicines to help with an imbalance and for dealing with PTSD. Almost fifteen years later I no longer have to take medication of any kind and I am doing well. Are cancerous people selfish? Are people with debilitating illnesses selfish? No. They have a real medical problem. So do you, rockbottom. And seeking help can and mostly likely will fix your problem. Depression causes its suffers to have a skewed perception. The people you think hate you really don't...the people you think don't care really do. The life you think is sad/lonely/empty is really full of opportunities. Be warned, you may need a hospital stay but it will all be worth it in the end.
rockbottom

rockbottom

PT friends...
Old 08-07-2011, 10:50 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #23

I am so thankful for your prayers and helpful advice. I am in a terrible place, and I honestly don't know when it happened but I do realize what an unhealthy state I am in. Someone close to me committed suicide almost 2 years ago, so I can't believe I lost sight of just how selfish and painful that is. Yesterday was a horrible day for me. The last few months have been very hard and I've just slipped farther and farther into this mindset that I am living a worthless existance. However, I pulled up my facebook - who woulda thought that facebook would snap someone out of something scary..? I scrolled through my hundreds of pictures with my family, friends, students, etc. and felt an overwhelming sense of betrayal to them for even thinking that I don't matter. My heart broke.

I have been through so much change this year. Painful, life changing situations. And I put up this front that I am so strong and I could pull through anything. My family smothered me with wanting to be there and I just wanted to do it on my own. Over time, I convinced them I was fine, and I really felt I was. Then, when I started showing weakness everyone kept telling me how strong I was and I just got so sick of it. No ones fault but my own, but I guess just me realizing that I am only human and cannot do this all on my own compeletely shattered my hope of getting through all of this.

I thank all of you for your help and kind words. I will get through this. Me choosing to end it is far from the right choice, because there really are lots of people in my life that care about me. I just need to repair the damage I've done by pushing them away. Step number one: get back on track with God.

GraceKrispy

Old 08-07-2011, 10:53 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #24

When I was younger, yes. I'm so glad my life changed and things turned around for me. I know what it's like to be in a really dark place and it seems like there is no end in sight, but really, there is. You just can't see through the fog to get to it, but it will come. Things do get better, circumstances change, life moves on. And in the meantime, there are things that can help. Talk to your doctor, post again for us here, stick with us. It is a very scary place to be, but I promise, this is not the end point.... there is so much more for you waiting around the corner.

BioAdoptMom3

Old 08-07-2011, 07:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #25

We are here for you and we care about you. If you haven't already, and are still experiencing those same thoughts, please call someone for help, anyone you trust, call the suicide hotline or call 911!

(((HUGS))) and prayers!

Nancy

tetastwins

Old 08-08-2011, 11:32 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #26

Please call for help!

Tchn4fun

Good for you, Rockbottom!
Old 08-12-2011, 12:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #27

I wish my brother had come to the same realization! He left a wife, 2 young boys, his parents, siblings and friends to struggle through the pain of losing him. His 15 yo son found his body and has battled drug addiction, alcoholism, violence and homelessness due to his father's death. He was a straight A student until then. I tell you this in the hopes that you think about how each person who cares about you will suffer if you were gone. Please seek the "counselling" that you need - this may be professional help, someone from your church, a friend or family member to talk to, or something that you do like volunteer work, exercising, etc. Take care of yourself!

Quote:
Someone close to me committed suicide almost 2 years ago
This increases the risk! Make sure you deal with those emotions as well. A year after my brother's death, my cousin committed suicide. Just know that it may sub-consciously be playing a role in your dark thoughts.