Help

First Grade

Organizing/Storing Bulletin Board Materials

>

luciandaisy

Organizing/Storing Bulletin Board Materials
Old 08-09-2011, 05:06 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Any great ideas on organizing/storing bulletin board materials (letters, borders, punch-outs, etc.)?

Thanks

luciandaisy is offline   Reply With Quote

Leley

Ziploc bags
Old 08-09-2011, 05:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I asked a similar question last month & someone told me about using large ziploc bags to store bb things. I found some at Target & use them to store each month's materials on a hanger with clips. HTH!!
Leley is offline   Reply With Quote

thedawnfire

Bulletin Board Storage
Old 08-09-2011, 06:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I use the super large ziplocks to store my bulletin board stuff and posters....but I lay them flat in a cabinet in my room. Things get too wrinkly if you hang them. You CAN put a sheet of foam core (like the kind used for science fair projects) in to help keep things flat if you hang the ziplocks.

To store border, I have a box made especially for borders. Its long and skinny and is easy to put on top of my bookshelf. I do NOT recommend curling the border to store. Another option is a long mailing tube. Rubber band each type of border seperately and stick in the tube. Label the tube so you know what you have!

I have found that I went from "theme" boards to boards that are in constant use all year (calendar, Daily 5/Cafe, Writing skills, etc.) So I have LOTS of thematic stuff I never use and wish I had all that money back! Hmm...but I did go from a class with 2 HUGE boards to a class with 3 TINY boards....so perhaps I'd do the thematic stuff if I had the space. ;-)
thedawnfire is offline   Reply With Quote

eled

Storage
Old 08-09-2011, 08:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I ask my custodian and teacher aides to save the shipping boxes from poster board. They are perfect for keeping classroom/bulletin board decorations flat and I stand them side by side in a cupboard that I have taken all the shelves out. I label the sides of the boxes to indicate subject, season, holidays, etc. It works well for me!
eled is offline   Reply With Quote

mmmejias

For Storing Borders
Old 08-09-2011, 09:25 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

A friend of mine gave me a great idea...

She went to her local florist and asked for a flower delivery box...it was the perfect size for the borders and it stored tons!

mmmejias is offline   Reply With Quote

TeachingAll

Borders
Old 08-10-2011, 06:39 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I keep all my borders in their original packaging. After I've purchasesd them, I cut a slit in the plastic on the back of the package only. Then I can slide the border out of the package and still hang the remaining unused borders on a nail in my closet.
TeachingAll is offline   Reply With Quote