Teachers' Lounge

Another reason I dislike UPS

>

amiga13

Another reason I dislike UPS
Old 09-21-2021, 06:04 AM

Quote:
UPS logo
Hi amiga, your package cannot be delivered as scheduled.
(Obviously I changed the name.) I wish UPS would deliver when they say they will, but I understand there are problems. Iím not in a hurry, I just hate being notified my package will be delivered on a certain date only to receive a retraction like this (with no new date scheduled).

Címon, UPS, quit getting my hopes up. I donít care about immediate delivery, but I do wish youíd deliver when you notify me youíre delivering. Better yet, is it too much to ask to not be notified until youíre really delivering?

PT friends, thanks for listening. Do you have delivery problems?

amiga13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Irish

Yes
Old 09-21-2021, 06:29 AM

UPS delivered our Hello Fresh. We must have been last one on the schedule of the dayÖ.5:30-6:00. Even with the packaging the meat/fish arrived warm. I stopped for the rest of the summer because of this. I have a bunch of credits I need to use once the weather cools down. Our FedEx guy comes earlier in the day but the food company we used proteins were not good quality. I actually get great delivery service from the Post Office.
Irish is offline   Reply With Quote

amiga13

Old 09-21-2021, 06:38 AM

Quote:
I actually get great delivery service from the Post Office.
Me, too! USPS is fabulous here. Amazon and FedEx are great. Itís just UPS I have trouble with.

Iím sorry about your spoiled order, Irish. My awaited order is chocolate from Seeís, so itís possible UPS could spoil it, too.

choppie70

Old 09-21-2021, 06:41 AM

We have the worst trouble with UPS!

In the past 4 months, they have delivered 6 packages to the wrong address totaling over $1,000 worth of merchandise . The biggest item was a desk top computer we bought for DD.

I also dislike the fact that when they (UPS) lose a package, or deliver it to the wrong address, you have to notify the seller of the package - you do not deal with UPS. It seems there is no accountability for the driver to ensure the package goes to the right address.

UPS continually delivers our packages to our neighbor. We have made sure that our house number is HUGE, viewable, and in more than one place. We also installed a camera that shows our driveway and the neighbors driveway. There are numerous times you can see UPS deliver to the neighbors house, then the neighbor walk up our driveway with a package a few minutes later!

I have even requested a picture as proof of delivery, and they have yet to honor my request.
choppie70 is offline   Reply With Quote

Keltikmom

Ups
Old 09-21-2021, 07:13 AM

ďI also dislike the fact that when they (UPS) lose a package, or deliver it to the wrong address, you have to notify the seller of the package - you do not deal with UPS.Ē

Thatís because itís the seller that has to file the grievance with UPS. The shipper is responsible for your package. Itís seriously annoying, I know, but thatís the rule. You contact the shipper, they should do some fancy customer service for you, then THEY turn around and fight with whatever shipping company they used.

Keltikmom is offline   Reply With Quote

momteach310

FedEx
Old 09-21-2021, 08:38 AM

Chiming in on FedEx. Original date of delivery last week, Thursday. Updated to say - something was wrong with the label and so it would be Friday. Friday updated that it would be Monday by end of day. It's been in the same place for 4 days (my state). Last night updated that it would be here Tuesday - today. It finally moved to a local facility. There was hope! Updated a bit okay saying it would be here tomorrow by the end of the day. SERIOUSLY - I also realize that there isn't enough staff, drivers, etc - but this was a bit much.
Not holding my breath that it will be here tomorrow. I wonder if we went to the Fedex local facility we could actually pick it up ourselves
momteach310 is offline   Reply With Quote

amiga13

Old 09-21-2021, 10:18 AM

The package UPS wrote to say wouldnít be delivered today was on my porch when I got home from my walk.

choppie70

Old 09-21-2021, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Thatís because itís the seller that has to file the grievance with UPS. The shipper is responsible for your package. Itís seriously annoying, I know, but thatís the rule. You contact the shipper, they should do some fancy customer service for you, then THEY turn around and fight with whatever shipping company they used.
I totally understand that. However, most of the packages that I have had to contact the seller for are because the UPS driver delivered the package to the wrong address. The seller should not be responsible for UPS not doing their job correctly.

The last package that was lost ( over $100) was from Amazon. When I tried to contact the seller, there was no information available. The item was sold out and the seller took the information down. I had to jump through hoops to get a refund.
choppie70 is offline   Reply With Quote

teachnkids

Old 09-21-2021, 01:41 PM

I have recently had a wonderful experience with UPS!!! Pavkiage was missing. I called them. They called me twice. Finally found out it was still at original location, and it was senders fault. They assured me theyíd get it the next day on the next call. Told me when it would be delivered. It was there within a half hour of expected delivery time! Called to verify everything worked out!

No issue with Fed ex recently. USPS is the worst! Pandemic has nothing to do with that!
teachnkids is offline   Reply With Quote

md2dkh3

Old 09-21-2021, 02:35 PM

What a crazy thing! But glad you got your package.

md2dkh3 is offline   Reply With Quote

kahluablast

Old 09-21-2021, 04:40 PM

Packages here are trouble if they go through the USPS. Generally, in my neighborhood, UPS and FEDEX both are pretty good. Many other rural parts have great trouble.

However, if the package goes through the USPS, you are lucky to get it. They tell you that someone else at your home picked it up (and if you are the only one...?). They still do not verifiy addresses. I hate it when I get a package at the USPS. More times than not, they can not find it and you get called back to actually pick it up.
kahluablast is offline   Reply With Quote