Help

Early Childhood Education (Pre-K)

3K Schedule Ideas

>

claisey

3K Schedule Ideas
Old 06-24-2010, 12:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Brand new 3k class starting and I need some ideas on a full day schedule. I have taught kindergarten, but need a little bit of help with the 3 year olds. Also, if I have free centers what is a name I can use for educational centers?

claisey is offline   Reply With Quote

katieworth

Old 06-27-2010, 07:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Do you mean like a writing center and stuff?
katieworth is offline   Reply With Quote

Originalkat

Old 06-28-2010, 09:46 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I call my "free centers" like Blocks and Dramatic Play Developmental centers. Then I also have Math and Literacy centers.
Originalkat is offline   Reply With Quote

claisey

Old 06-28-2010, 11:33 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I was thinking of having "free centers" that would be blocks, home living, etc...but then I was going to have a seperate group of learning centers like math, writing...etc. Don't know how to word them on my schedule....

Originalkat

Old 06-28-2010, 03:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Call them DEVELOPMENTAL CENTERS

Originalkat is offline   Reply With Quote
louiesmom

louiesmom

ms
Old 06-28-2010, 08:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

We have several centers set up in the room. A block center with several types of blocks and stacking items, also some toy tractors and cars..We have a dramatic center-dress up clothes, kitchen center, baby dolls etc, then we have a reading center set up with a comfortable reading chair and rug( this is where we do our circle time as a class) then i have a big shelf full of learning toys anything from counting to matching colors etc. At least once a weeek i have a table set up and we work on writing names or some sort of math one on one! That works well! I teach 3's and they love every center. we do a rotation so they are in each center the same amout of time and never stuck to just one. Good luck ! 3's are great!

katieworth

Old 06-29-2010, 03:57 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I have worked in rooms pretty similar to this. We have an easel which is called art center...and actually we theme our rooms so one theme we had was to the book, If you give a mouse a cookie...so the centers were named off of that..so art was if you give a mouse a paint brush, and then the other ones were similar. Also the bulletin boards corresponded to the theme. We also had a dramatic play/housekeeping center, legos, blocks, and then academically we had a writing center, could be called creative thinking center. Then a reading center/literacy center which was on the rug where circle time was. For three's we had one table basically for "learning centers" persay- but the kids could always go color at our two snack tables... I have been with 4's and in there is where we called them "writing center", "listening center", and we had some kind of sensory table which was called sand table or sensory table...is this what you are looking for? or more?
katieworth is offline   Reply With Quote

claisey

Old 06-29-2010, 06:09 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

Thanks, everyone! Great ideas that I am going to "borrow"