Help

Early Childhood Education (Pre-K)

1st Grade to Pre-K

>

learn

1st Grade to Pre-K
Old 06-20-2010, 11:54 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I wanted to first of all know how would it be to go from first grade to a pre-k? Is it a big change? Also, the reason as to why I wanted to attempt this was that I wanted to go work for a Title I school so that I can get my student loan forgived! As long as the pre-k is in an elementary school would anyone know if it still applies? The reason why I ask about this change is that there is a position available in a Title I school near where I live and wanted to know input before I applied.

I have only worked previous to my first grade experience with two year olds during a summer break. Aside from that I have been teaching first grade for about 5 years.

I have just started looking into to this and was also wondering how to go about it with my principal. I was thinking of talking to her first, and letting her know that I will be applying for such positions available, and tell her my reason as mentioned above. Does this sound adequate and professional?

Any advice would be of great help! Thanks!

learn is offline   Reply With Quote

prek3zteach

Old 07-20-2010, 05:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Depending on what age of preschoolers would be the biggest indication of change. If you go from 1st grade to pre-k with three year olds, I'd say big change! But if you had mostly 4's and some about to turn 5 in a few months, still a change but not as dramatic. I have to say that teaching preshool is definitely worth your while. I love it
prek3zteach is offline   Reply With Quote