Help

Fifth Grade

Earth Day Project

>

frazzledtchr

Earth Day Project
Old 04-17-2011, 06:26 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I know it's last minute, but if anyone has any ideas or suggestions for an Earth Day project I could do with my 5th graders, I would love to hear them! The other two teachers in 5th grade are doing endangered animals and conservation. I'm supposed to do something with the 3 Rs (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle) and have something which can be shared with the other classes. I'm thinking of doing skits or videos but have no idea where to really begin.

frazzledtchr is offline   Reply With Quote

teachinpitt

earth day project
Old 04-17-2011, 06:47 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

google 'earth day grocery bag project'....then go to your local grocery and get enough brown shopping bags for your 5th grade...decorate with Earth Day messages/sketches...I then have the kids put an Earth Day haiku (student created) on the other side of the bag...then return the bags to the grocery to use on Earth Day...great community cooperation...the kids love when someone they know got a bag decorated by them or their classmates!
teachinpitt is offline   Reply With Quote

frazzledtchr

Funny...
Old 04-17-2011, 09:23 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

that you should mention the grocery bags. We are actually doing that very thing! However, I am looking for a project that my class can share what they learned with the other two classes. Unfortunately, I'm just not very creative!

BTW, I noticed you teach in Pittsburgh. I live near Altoona, PA, and was actually just in the 'burgh this weekend!
frazzledtchr is offline   Reply With Quote