ESOL Resource Teaching Opportunity!

>

bellgrl25

bellgrl25

ESOL Resource Teaching Opportunity!
Old 08-29-2011, 02:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the board. I'm a K-6 Certified teacher with an ESOL endorsement. A friend of mine just called me about a position they've had posted at their school that has yet to be filled: Esol resource teacher. I never even thought of going this route, I only thought I could use my endorsement because I had ELL students in my classroom. She told me to apply anyway, but I have to get screened.

Does anyone know what goes on during the screening process?

Thanks!

broomrider

Typically
Old 09-01-2011, 10:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

there is a "paper screening" where they look at your application to be sure you have the requirements for credentials and experience. They may even check your references.
If you pass, you move to the interview where often some teachers and the principal ask you questions about yourself, your teaching philosophy and background and what you'd do in some situations.

You might want to think of questions you want to ask them about the school, how the program is run, expectations of you, and support the school has for you (where do textbooks come from--school or ESL budget, etc.) You can also see if the district or state web site has information about the school: demographics, past testing results, and so on.
broomrider is offline   Reply With Quote