Help

Substitute Teachers

Feeling Undervalued and Disrespected

>

TayloredSub

Feeling Undervalued and Disrespected
Old 04-30-2018, 06:56 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Arrived at the regular high school that I sub at this morning. Was moved around 3 times and by the 4th time I was told I had to go to an elementary school in the district. I contacted renhill to see if the school cpd fo that and basically got chewed out by the rep.

While it's our job as Subs to be flexible sometimes, the school and Renhill are asking to much by having us hop around to different schools and classes in 1 hour

Who's to say that we are driving, had the gas to commute, etc. Additionally, I accepted the assignment I was in weeks ago and planned accordingly as I have a second job to be at weekly by 3:30pm. The high school dismisses at 2:30 and the elementary dismisses at 3:30pm.

I communicated this to Renhill and was told I had to go wherever they send me in a nasty, cold, tone of voice.

I am thankful that I will not be returning to Renhill next year or subbing. We as Subs are too disrespected by the students, staff, and our employers. Just a means to an end. 3 more weeks of this and I am done!

Grad school and more positive opportunities awaits me.

TayloredSub is offline   Reply With Quote

thecoast

Nobody can pay you enough...
Old 04-30-2018, 05:42 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

...to be disrespected. But you have to believe that yourself. Boundaries. Nobody will (or should) enforce them for you but you.
thecoast is offline   Reply With Quote