Help

Substitute Teachers

Exhausted...

>

mommysubs

Exhausted...
Old 05-17-2018, 07:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Not that I should complain...the work is pouring in like crazy but I won't be sad to have a three day weekend next week. To top it off, I'm a kindergarten teacher all week this week (due to kindergarten screenings being done by the actual teachers...my own little 4 year olds among them). The kindergarten class I had today had lots of crying, want of visits to the nurse's office, friends not being so friendly, etc. Of course I'm not excited about having that class again tomorrow, but it is what it is and I'm going to try to make the best of it and make it a fun day (even with laryngitis). In between that, trying to iron out all the many kinks of a 5k race I'm organizing for next month, Tuesday & Thursday evening t-ball and that persistent spring cold at the root of my laryngitis, I would love nothing more than an extra hour of sleep this weekend! Ha!

mommysubs is offline   Reply With Quote

mrsd5

I hear you
Old 05-18-2018, 02:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I have had a month like no other. LOTS of subbing. Today was my last day. 8th grade field trip. Keeping track of the kids wasn't bad, and the day went great. But I. AM. DONE. There's school next week, but I'm nearly out of days. As a retired teacher, I get 500 hours. I'm almost there. Time to take a few days and relax, then begin my summer of decluttering and dejunking! My sons may be getting boxes of their old junk. They are all in their 30s. and I'm sure they will be overjoyed.....
mrsd5 is online now   Reply With Quote

mommysubs

Old 05-18-2018, 06:56 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

mrsd5,

Sounds wonderful! I hope you have a great summer and get lots of organization done! I'm the same way...tons of clutter here too. But I am also on the receiving end from my mom...she likes to over-buy at the local club store and then ends up bringing over all of her food that is just about to expire or has recently expired as she thinks we are going to consume it for her lol no I don't think so! The other day she brought over 10 boxes of cake mix. Half of them are expired or about to. What am I supposed to do with all of that? I think she just needs to have a very large bake sale at her place! Today was a good day at school...I brought in a magic dancing "butterfly in a jar" and every time someone did a good job or answered correctly they got to come up and tap it. They finally figured out it wasn't real when they noticed it was attached to a fine wire and then we had a science mini lesson on what could make it move...eureka! Electricity!
mommysubs is offline   Reply With Quote

mrsd5

Cool idea!
Old 05-19-2018, 12:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

My sister-in-law, who lives next door and is crazy, brings us COOKED food. She "adjusts" the recipes to make them "healthy", which also makes them inedible. We just walk it down to the dumpster. We have learned to bury it in the garbage, as she will go through the bags that you can see through and pull stuff out. It's not fun to then explain why we threw the stuff out. YES, she climbs in the dumpster. Oh the stories I could tell!
mrsd5 is online now   Reply With Quote