Help

Early Childhood Education (Pre-K)

2 day preschool program.... need advice

>

texasnana

2 day preschool program.... need advice
Old 09-13-2006, 11:08 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

i took a job in a new church program first i was offered 3 yr preschool when i got my list it was changed to 18-well some are 2 and half. They do not use the standard sept 1 cutt off in a classroom like all the rest of the programs in my town.. so i have 13 with a floating aide. She works the other rooms with 18- 21/2 which has 13 in it . When i interviewed i was told an aide or "rover" as they call them will help. With all my 20yrs of Early childhood i thought okay by mself even with three that is not bd what about 8 .. well that room has 14. Let me tell you this is a church program. So i get there and the day before open house we have one day to prepare i am given toddlers. Okay so when this roaming aide comes in that is my time to change diapers and she reads to them. Then she is off on her way.. i am so shocked ... and then

my program is not liscensed should we still wear gloves to
clean, clean and wiping noses, and assisting with toliet. I
am surprised that it is an option and saw a volunteer not
wearing a glove to change a diaper then not washing her
hands. I asked the supervisor she said we are not liscensed
does not matter...i come from a liscensed background and
also for my own safety i wear gloves and the other teachers
just look at me like i am from Mars.....

i could go on and on .... i am looking for a new school but hard when one of my grandchildren attends and is in the other toddler room..

When i do leave i will complain to the board or what ever over sees this program as i have never seen such high numbers...

thanks for the vent

texasnana is offline   Reply With Quote

Mrs. Lee

Mrs. Lee

Leave as soon as you can
Old 09-17-2006, 09:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I would leave as soon as possible. Does your daughter or son know what sort of health risks their children are being placed in by being in this situtation? You never know who has what diseases...aids can be passed from the mother during birth, etc. I hope you report this to your health department. I might even write in to the opinion section of my newspaper if this was going on where I worked. I would also strongly recommend to my family moving to a safer facility for the child's care. Good Luck.