Help

Fifth Grade

Help

>

sbrun80

Help
Old 04-19-2010, 12:55 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I didn't know where to post this but I received notice today that I may not /probably not have a teaching position next year due to state budgets cuts, reconfiguration of our schools, etc. I wanted to know if anyone had any ideas on what else I could do with a teaching license...other careers, jobs, etc. I also have a Journalism degree. I'm keeping my options open and trying to be prepared. I love teaching but other schools are in the same position as ours and not sure I will get a job. Thank you so much!

sbrun80 is offline   Reply With Quote

JoSo

consulting group for publishers
Old 04-20-2010, 07:44 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Just an idea but you could write curriculum lesson plans for publishers. you have a journalism degree and are propably a good writer and now you know what is needed as a teacher. I don't know how hard it would be to get published or get teh connection but thats an idea. You could also be a private tutor, I'm pretty sure there are tons of parents looking for tutoring. Good luck.
JoSo is offline   Reply With Quote

cowpig

Consultant...
Old 04-20-2010, 11:41 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

with some kind of teaching program? For example I have a promethean board, and I had to go to a training with a lady from the company and she showed us how to use the board and gave us ideas on how to use it in the classroom. It seemed like it would be a fun job, and you get to travel a lot.

My mom works at a bank, and there are several people she works with that have teaching degrees. They are in a lot of different positions including the higher-up ones simply because they have a 4 year degree. Good luck!!
cowpig is offline   Reply With Quote